New striper fisherman hear hoping to learn ... - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > New Member Introductions
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself to the members of Stripers247.com

Old 02-04-2007, 09:58 AM

Default New striper fisherman here hoping to learn ...

Hello everyone, Im Donnie Shelton and have a real love for fishing. I have been bassfishing for years and finally built my dream weekend lake house and its on a lake full of stripers. I will be looking to become a good striper angler on Kerr Lake in NC and i want to learn to troll and more detailed aspects of finding the stripers quickly. I also want to buy a new boat, used would be even better and my family wants a pontoon. So, is there a pontoon manufacturer who makes fishing off the back of the pontoon where i can troll and yet the front of the pontoon be a typical enclosed seating arrangement? I have seen the fishing pontoons with 2 seats in back and the front, but i do not want fishing seats in the front, thats the section for the family. Well, i'll also post my catches and frustrations, thanks everyone .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2007, 05:47 PM

Default Re: New striper fisherman hear hoping to learn ...

Welcome to the site Donnie!! Im sure people hear will get you off on the right foot as far as striper fishing goes.. Your in the right place

Old 02-10-2007, 05:10 PM
Wiper Guru

Default Re: New striper fisherman hear hoping to learn ...

Welcome, Donnie. I'm betting in a few months you will be wondering what it was tht was so fascinating about bass fishing. Not that there is anything wrong with it. My guess on the boat question is simply getting those rod holders attached to the rail of your pontoon. The main thing that sets a striper pontoon apart from any other pontoon I've seen is the baitwell. If you do live bait, you'll need a rounded, aerated tub for the bait. You may want to Google that. Shad as bait can be pretty tricky to keep alive. Good luck.