Anyone with help on trolling - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Boaters Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Boaters Forum This forum is for boaters both fresh and saltwater. Trolling / Tips / Tactics / Maintenance

Old 10-20-2004, 08:08 PM

Default Anyone with help on trolling

I was looking for advise on trolling which I have never done. I fish primarily in somewhat of brackish water but the bay and inlet (which I seldom venture to) of Atlantic City is very close. I am using a 20ft center console with a 4 stroke suzuki engine and would really appreciate advise on how what and when this method would worked for me. Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2004, 11:41 PM
Jigologist

I know of some guys that troll tube N worm with wire line in deep water...

just personal opinion but to me it would have to be fairly deep 20+feet just to avoid spooking the crap out of the whole area running an outboard... electric trolling motor, to me , would work much better..

but for the record, I've only trolled for blues and I basically hate trolling...

some guys are very good at it though and do well in deep water with wire.. or downriggers..
Old 10-21-2004, 08:33 AM

Jigman will a bloodworm work as the worm on the tube n worm, also how does that setup with the hooks work. thanks for the reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2004, 08:52 AM
Jigologist

I've only seen them ready rigged, just a colored tube anywhere's from 16-24 inches, a heavy swivel to wire w/ another swivel and hook near the front, to another length of wire (all inside the tube) to a hook near the end of the tube... I've seen green, red, and black ones.... some guys drift with 'em and some troll with em... slow, real slow

don't know why they call it "tube n worm" I've haven't seen guys bait 'em with anything... just troll or drift along structure...

again, I've never used one, this is only what I've seen done... someone else should chime in here hopefully that has used 'em.. I really hate giving second hand info..

hey tube n worm guys.. help this dude out ... I do know they work well when used right.. some guys use them exclusively..
Old 10-21-2004, 03:40 PM

Default Rube and worm

SJRR
This thread has some great info
https://www.stripers247.com/phpBB2/showthread.php?t=161
Old 10-26-2004, 08:36 PM

Hey

I fish in Boston...and I troll the tube all the time...I usually trim up my outboard untill I'm barely moving. I try to find the biggest fattest worms around and hook them down the throat and out about 1/2 an inch, people also use eel chunks on the end. I let out my lines untill I'm barely off the bottom...and I ALWAYS hold the rods out at a 90 degree angle and parallel to the water (It helps get the tube down). The colors I prefer are red, purple/black and orange. I try to keep the tubes in a circular shape, so it spirals through the water. Also DON'T set the hook on the first bite, the fish will come back and hook itself...

Slow
Low
and the Worm is Crucial

Also...try http://www.fishingfinatic.com its the site of the Pete Santini...he has some great articles on the tube plus he is the maker of "The Santini Tube".