Welcome To All The New Guys!!! - Page 9 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > New Member Introductions
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself to the members of Stripers247.com

Old 06-06-2010, 09:14 PM
Official Member

Default Re: Welcome To All The New Guys!!!

Thanks for the welcome. I have been fishing the ditch for many, many years almost everyday during striper season. I have got some good tips from this site and now hope to contribute when I can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Striper Hunter
Pro Staff

Old 07-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Official Member

Hi everyone, I am not totally new to striper fishing but i recently moved much closer to striper territory so I am looking to get serious. I already on pace to have my best year yet, but really want to learn a lot more. I live in the Portsmouth NH area so I fish anywhere from Plum to Popham. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2010, 01:08 PM
Striper Hunter
Pro Staff

Old 08-23-2010, 12:23 AM
Official Member

Hi all. What a great site. Happy to find it. I'm Tom from northern New York. I haven't been up to Georgetown Island in a few years, but some of the most fun I've ever had has been catching big stripers on the beach at night at Reid State Park. I work ridiculous hours for a dairy company, but it looks like I can finally sneak away for a week in September and head north. I know it's impossible to predict weather & fish migrations, but if you were to guess, which week would I want to be at Reid? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Polls & tackle are on my porch ready to go. I can't wait. Thanks in advance. Good fishing.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:19 PM

For Maine - This is only speculation but I would think the earlier in September the better. The bait should be leaving the back bays as the water temp drops and the days get shorter. The stripers will be right on their heels chasing them along the coast. Good time to station yourself south of any inlets.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:20 PM

Burt First...

Consider these facts. Striped bass fishing is probably the toughest, most muscle busting game ever camaflouged by the word sport. You will walk miles and cast for hours, clamber over perilous, barnacle-encrusted rocks. You will fish night and day, from the beaches, from rock-scrabbled riverbanks and jetties, from the pitching, slippery decks of small boats. You will seek, always and forever, for a thing called blitz- which is often as elusive as pirate's gold at the foot of a rainbow.
Moreover, you will always find that this sport becomes an obsession. By comparison, fluke and flounder hunters are well mannered Saturday afternoon enthusiasts. Tuna fishermen go out with the dawn and return at sunset. Even those wild eyed characters who worship at the shrine of the bluefish manage to see their wives and children on ocassion. Not so the salty basser.
Almost literally the worthy rarely sees home. His waking senses are attuned to the tides and wind directions, the moon phases and barometric changes. His non fishing hours are filled with the rigging of plugs and squids, spoons and feathers. His refrigerator bulges with rigged eels (and eels that will be rigged sometime in the future). At every opportunity he goes-and he stays. If his wife is smart she sues for mental cruelty, or she goes fishing too.
Once committed to this strangely narcotic addiction, there is no cure or escape. So if you arent ready to give your soul to the sea, sand and stripers, dont buy this book, dont read it. And if some fiendish friend gives you a copy- burn it immediatly.

The complete book of striped bass fishing - Henry Lyman, Frank Woolner 1954
Old 09-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Official Member

Thanks for the welcome. My wife and I just moved up from southeast Florida. We are more used to fishing for mahi, sails, wahoo and kingfish so fishing the inlet will take some getting used to...we did get lucky this weekend and caught 4 nice stripers. Beginners luck I am sure. I hope to learn some tips and techniques from you striper pros!
Old 09-24-2010, 09:57 PM
Official Member

hi, i'm from New Brunswick in Canada, on the bay of fundy at the mouths of the St. John amd Kennibicasis rivers, and have been fishing stripers for the last 9 years. for a while we had the world record here, so there are stripers around, but most are really from chesapeak bay, up here to put the feed bag on for eels. our averag size can very by where exactly you are fishing, i mostly fish from shore just above the reversing falls (some times buy inflatable boat, some times by kayak), and the stripers average is a big schoolie, about 25-27", with of course a lot of bigger and smaller stripers. some times i get to fish right in the the falls during the incoming tide, and there the average is probabley 34-36" . as you can tell, that's a high average size but that's partly due to having almost no/or no localy produced stripers, due to a dam, so no little guys - they have to be big enough to survive the open ocean to get here.

i have fished swim baits, eels, cut bait, jigs, poppers etc. but now i mostly fish surface cranks and i'm starting to get into fly fishing for stripers.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:11 AM
Striper Hunter
Pro Staff

Old 04-19-2011, 12:01 PM
Official Member

Hello all - Jim Mac here and since I already made my first mistake with a post I figured I better take a look through this section. Great site - looking to learning a lot and now that I am retired spending more days on the sound and on the Hudson between Newburgh and Kingston looking for the 'beast.'
Old 04-22-2011, 01:16 PM
Official Member

Since returning after 20+ years in Florida to PA a couple years ago, I am now on a quest to realize two fishing dreams. I must catch at least one striped bass and also a muskellunge while here in the mid-Atlantic! I would like to plan an outing on the Delaware River for me and a couple friends and I heard that the springtime is the best for a catch and release extravaganza of fish. We are ready to let the festivities begin. I need a couple guide recommendations (weekends only) and/or some tips on when and where to launch a boat in case we want to try to catch them from my buddy's boat. What does a day on the water cost for 4 guys fishing? I believe we are equipped with tackle. I live in the Poconos, so the trout I have been catching lately remind me of baitfish we used in Florida.

We'll try the Chesapeake or Delaware Bays later this year when we can keep and eat them. I had a taste of stripers recently, so it will be hard to release them. They are just too darned tasty for their own good!

Old 04-23-2011, 01:28 AM

Welcome SpruceJack -

Right about now Trenton - Philadelphia - Marcus hook area. If your in the Pocono's the drive is about 50 to 80 miles South. The Turnpike Bridge is the upper reach of the spawning area. In mid to late May they will follow the shad North and you will have a better shot above the Water Gap you can find them in July up around Lackawaxen. I would recommend Bass Chaser Charters. He's a member here with a forum. Have a look in the Delaware river sub forum for his posts. He's been into nice fish for a month already. Good luck - you'll find tiger muskies in the River too. Tough to catch.
Im in the Pocono's around Milford area. Also if you look in the delaware river forum you will see posts there in the stickies with every boat ramp or launch on both sides of the river. Also search out a decent article called big City stripers.
Good luck.
SJ
Old 04-23-2011, 07:32 AM
Striper Hunter
Pro Staff

Old 04-30-2011, 12:13 AM
Striper Hunter

Ok I'm new here but many of you probably know me from Norest :)

I'm not sure on all the bells and whistles of this site hell this is the 1st time I ever posted on here

Anyway I'm Capt.Paul Peluso aka Pablo