Newb in NY - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > New Member Introductions
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself to the members of Stripers247.com

Old 03-26-2011, 01:44 PM
Official Member

Default Newb in NY

Hey guys,

This is the first year I plan on fishing the Hudson and just recently picked up a 10' MH Tsunami Airwave. I haven't purchased a reel yet but was looking at the new Penn Battle reels.. One thing I'm not sure of is the size to get? I was thinking the 6000 as I plan to use 25lb mono line, any other suggestions?

I plan on fishing north of the TZ bridge all the way up to Norrie state park since I know the area pretty well. I thought I read on here that crossing the rail road tracks along the Hudson was a NO NO but after speaking to two Metro North workers, I have come to find that they won't bother you as long as you don't set up camp too close to the tracks.

Any suggestions would be great! Good luck fishin,

-Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement