NH Seacoast - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New Hampshire
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Hampshire New Hampshire striped bass fishing discussion & reports

Old 07-26-2008, 01:26 AM

Default NH Seacoast

Hey guys, I'm from Durham, NH, and I'm looking to hook into some stripers. Tomorrow morning I'm going to go out to the General Sullivan Bridge area. Fish both sides of that and go to the point right by it. I know some other spots around the area but I'm not sure if people are catching any fish... Could anyone give me suggestions on where to fish and what to use?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2008, 12:26 PM

Default Re: NH Seacoast

Well I am pretty new myself, but this is what I've been using. Note: I have been out there for ~10 hours and have only landed 1 striper, but thats good enough for me!

I use a fish finding rig, which is a slip-sinker attached to your line down near the hook. This keeps your bait near the bottom while still allowing you to give slack as needed. Use a 3 or 4 ounce sinker, depending on the currents. I have been using both Herring and Squid. I have gotten a lot of pulls with the herring (Pulled up a few crabs and even a 3.5 foot eel) but not much with the squid.

The best time to go that I have found is fishing the incoming/outgoing tide. I have had the best luck about an hour after high or low tide.

The bridge is a good time, minimal preparation and you get some good bites. I don't have a boat so that is what I have been doing whenever I feel like trying to land one.

Parking is easy as well, on the west side of the bridge.

Best of luck!
Old 07-28-2008, 12:07 PM
Lunker

Default Re: NH Seacoast

Don't overlook high or low slack tide at the General Sullivan Bridge. There is a magic 1/2 hour the water doesn't move much. Perfect for a live eel without any weight. Concentrate on the bridge pilings.