new member new striper fisherman mass. - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > New Member Introductions
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself to the members of Stripers247.com

Old 09-26-2007, 04:51 PM

Default new member new striper fisherman mass.

Hello all,
I am new to the Newburyport ma. area and have just started striper fishing. I surfcast ans am having a horrible time of it. I WELCOME any and all tips, advice, and strategies. About me........Largemouth bass fisherman. I have 2 largemouths over 7lbs. I have been fishing for them for 36 of my 43 years on this planet. My son and I would love to catch some stripers while spending some time together. Any help would be graciously accepted and appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Eddie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2007, 07:54 PM

Default Re: new member new striper fisherman mass.

Hi Ed
Sometimes the bright sunny days can be tough. You didnt say that but thats the ideal time to take your kids fishing. You will increase your chances a bit if you fish early and late or on an overcast day.
Productive water is the key. You might have some success with the little guy if you switch to sand worms. They are schoolie magnets and schoolies are active at all hours.
Theres no one way, if I have to get a fish i use sand worms or clam bellies and downsize the hooks.
For the bigger guys I use bigger bait and fish the evening tides.
Paddle tail storms shads work great for me when I cant decide what to throw at them.
In other words its not that easy. You have to put your time in but schoolies are always a blast and easily accessible. look for bogs, eel grass, coves, birds, wooden pilings, rocks, swirls, nervous water. any tell tale signs.
Good luck out there and get out as often as possible.
welcome to the board.