Selecting a couple things for tonight - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > The Striper Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Striper Forum All things Striper. Striped Bass Fishing Room Born on date March 11 2004.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:32 PM

Default Selecting a couple things for tonight

I'm going fishing in Moriches Inlet tonight from my boat. I'm going to concentrate on working the eels, as productivity with them has been good lately at night. I'm just wondering if any of you can help me with selecting a good lure or two to fish from the boat in the inlet. It's my only chance to get out to do some night fishing and I haven't really tried many lures, I've been more concentrating on bait fishing. I have a couple bucktails, a black top/silver side bomber, storm shads, and a few diamond jigs. Will any of this work or are there a few "night-time go to" lures that I can try?

Unfortunately its going to be low tide around 9:30. Water depths will probably range from 7 to 30 feet.

Any help would be appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Selecting a couple things for tonight

I'd throw a few 9" black sluggos in the bag
Old 09-22-2007, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Selecting a couple things for tonight

Well they didn't like the eels. One chopper took one of the eels and bit it in half. Luckily I brought a bag of clams.. Hooked up with 5 bass to 20lbs. Released all but one.

Fish were crashing on top of the water everywhere but didn't seem to like anything I was throwing at them.. oh well, still had a good night.