new to site from staten island new york - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > New Member Introductions
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself to the members of Stripers247.com

Old 03-03-2007, 02:37 PM
First Mate

Default new to site from staten island new york

Hi everyone. I've been going fishing with family memebers since I was 4. Now that I am 30 I figured it was time I got my own boat. So I picked up a nice 22ft walkaround, got a bunch of rods and reels from cabellas, the only problem is I don't know where or when to fish! Growing up I did mostly fluke fishing in long island by the moriches inlet on my uncle's boat. Although we had a great time, I can't say we caught a lot fish. He would always say we got out to late...or the tide was wrong...maybe they like different bait...I should of had a lure. So basically I would like to avoid that and show the old man a thing or 2 and I need everyone's help. Now I will going out of Marine Basin in brooklyn and I am not familiar with these waters. Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Re: new to site from staten island new york

Hi Cheech.
Welcome to the site.

Theres quite a few of us here from S.I. You will be fishing the NY Harbor and the West end of the Raritan Bay. Pick up a capt. Seagulls chart from Michaels B & T in Great Kills. Study it.
The fish should start to show when the water temps hit 50 or so. Optimum around 60.
For Marine water Temps. Look in the extras menu on the Navigation Bar on the board top.
Early spring use clam bellies and sand worms.
Without being too specific Pick a can in the Bay, any can. Anchor there or Drift and work the edges of the channels. There are a few well known shoals and lights. They are marked on the sea gulls chart. Put your time in and work the changing tides. Millions of fat happy fish will be traveling through there on their way into the Hudson to spawn.