Hello - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > New Member Introductions
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself to the members of Stripers247.com

Old 02-09-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Hello

Newbie here. I joined cuz I'll be visiting my cousins in NJ for a June wedding and was hoping to sneak away for some exciting fishing. I think my cousin knows the game but I like doing as much research on my own. Any suggestions wuold be appreciated. I'll be fly fishing with a 10wt rod, I know I'll need clousers,decievers,bunkers etc. My main info needed will be advice on locations as the dates get closer. I know what tides are,but we don't get much of them here (an inch maybe?) Help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2007, 09:45 PM
Mike R.

Default Re: Hello

Hi,

Where will you be staying and have you ever fished here before? When I flyfish,I use a 9X9 with 10wt and the same flys you mentioned. My 'go to" is the Clouser- black for night and chartruse/white during the day. The tides in my area generally run about 4-5 ft.

If you're not going to be too far south, check back with us about a week before to see where the action is. I fish from Sandy Hook south to Manasquan (Monmouth Co) and my home base is in Belmar. I get alot of my info from Jim Freeda, the author of the book recommended. Jim specializes in flyfishing and has a guide service and website at shorecatch.com. The Website is updated regularly,has great Pix, and an archive so you can see what happened last June. Jim also writes a column in a weekly paper thecoaststar.com and you can download the entire paper then find his column. It comes out each Thursday and his column info is really up-to-date. Jim also runs the beach facilities in Sea Girt after Memorial Day , which is the next beach north from Manasquan (Inlet).

I hope you'll get a chance to be in our area of NJ.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:56 PM

NJ has 127 miles of oceanfront beaches and probably double that much again in backwater areas. Not that anyone will give a set of footprints to stand in but if you can be a bit more specific we can tell you where it's safe to park your car at night and what to look for in terms of structure.

There are fish on every beach in NJ everyday, you need to figure out what to look for and figure out what they're looking to eat.

Post up when it get close, I'll go thrash the water with you (so long as you promise not to tease me about my casting technique )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2007, 08:54 AM

Thanks I'll be keeping in touch as soon as I know how long I'll be there for and check a map for some geography lessons. I look forward to wetting a line with ya!