Yet another newb from Queens! - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > New Member Introductions
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself to the members of Stripers247.com

Old 07-20-2011, 07:25 PM
Official Member

Default Yet another newb from Queens!

Greetings to one and all! I'm (almost) completely new to striper fishing and saltwater fishing in general. My youth was spent obsessing over freshwater fishing, but I allowed silly things like university, career, family to get in the way and I haven't fished in years. Sad, but true.

Anyway, I've lived in NYC for over 10 years and only just realized that the East River is fishable for stripers and blues. And my two boys are at the age where they've become very interested in dad's former hobby. I live in Rego Park and am more-or-less dependent on public transit to get around, so anyone that wants to share any information about fishing the East River, please do! I've identified Gantry Plaza State Park as an ideal location for me, so if anyone has any info on the fishing there in particular and is willing to share I'd be most grateful.

It's probably not of much use to anyone on this board, but if there's anyone interested in fishing the Niagara River (American side) I can probably be of some assistance.

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2011, 09:43 AM

Default Re: Yet another newb from Queens!

Welcome to the forum Charrdwood, and thanks for the introduction!
Great to see you making the effort to get the kids involved as well! I don't know your exact area, but it's a safe bet that your chances of finding striped bass close to shore this time of year are best at night. During the day, they'll most likely be heading for deeper/cooler waters and out of your reach.

There's a ton of info on this forum, so get familiar with the search tool in the top tool bar and soak it up.