July's get together,,, - Page 3 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Rhode Island Fishing
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Rhode Island Fishing Rhode Island striped bass fishing - Local discussion & reports

Old 07-16-2007, 09:29 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

Default Re: July's get together,,,

there were others who missed the photo....this was the morning after....ill post the others in coalmans bevertail pictorial thread....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2007, 09:30 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimno1 View Post
i want the real pic again without the imposter in it. boy i heard you were gonna get me. sorry for the response. guess i expected the infantile approach. nice pic guy's. how true it would've been as i have the only fish

ill get you another time..by big brother...soon ..but it will be tastefull though.

im gonna load all the pics i have..no chops..in colemans thread..he started a pictorial this morning.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:32 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

pics will be located here in a minute..
https://www.stripers247.com/phpBB2/showthread.php?t=9517
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2007, 10:16 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

somehow, pulled raccoon brings back memories of boot camp. if roc cooked it i;d have eaten it

Old 07-17-2007, 12:31 AM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

ok fellas...go to the blue room.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:13 AM

What can I say that hasnt been said. But I'll try.
You dont get this kind of tutorial at a seminar.
Just a great time with outstanding people.
First class operation all the way.
I just wish more of you had the chance to share this with us.
I knew I was heading in the right direction from jamestown when i saw huge florescent 247 signs pointing the way in. An awesome touch from the Gunny.
Highlights for me were many. Finally meeting up with Gunny and his family would have been enough for me but there was Roc and Briggs and Jake and 42-90 and Mikey and Floats and Smulax and the rest of the gang.
(Not to mention the slap yo momma chicken)
Something that stands out for me was visualizing the rips that formed as the tide rolled in in the morning just as gunny had drawn it on the blackboard the night before. Overlooking from the north face it was easy to see the rips forming. The water entered and pooled as it flowed laterally it accellerated out. Closer to flood stage the eddies converged from both sides with a narrow window between them. The rock formations made it just so.
Definately a place i'd love to go back and fish.

The night before was an adventure.
After the hike in and the repell down the south face I was so glad Brian L. was there to help a guy carry some gear out of there.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:06 PM
Grouchy old Bassturd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccus View Post

Floatsum, speacial thanks for watching the gear while we went off repelling and mountain climbing... I was gonna give ya a plug for playing gaurd, but ya disappeard before I got around to it ( too busy yakkin again) so pm me your addy,,,
Believe me,, I understand fully. I was so buisy trying to take in 5 conversations at once I had to stay still to hear!
You've some awsome stuff there. I planned on trying to pry one of them hand carveds from you before the trip was through.
I did end up "liberating" a beer from your cooler though after the kids turned about after seeing my light. Think they were eyeing the coolers on the ground behind the truck next to you though, not your's.
Next time?
Old 07-17-2007, 02:20 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Float, glad you got to enjoy a REAL beer, I only brought it to share, made in Maine.. not that slop and foam they call beer

I still have a few of them hand carved bunkers, I'll set one aside for ya....
Old 07-17-2007, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smulax View Post
Great time. Thanks for all the help gettin that first keeper. I am not smiling in the pic because it was dark and everyone had a light in my eyes. going to cook it for dinner tonight. MMM Good. I cant say enough about this group of people. Like no other I have ever meet. Sorry OSSCA that is a bummer. all I can say is get the gear fixed before august.
Congrats on that keeper! The car will be fixed by august,unfortunately the gear is DOA. Time to retool.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:16 PM
First Mate

Jim,
Id be more than willing to help you carry your gear and whatever else any time and any place as long as it means we get to fish. I still wish you would've come with me in the morning easy access to the water and a safe place to land the fish... Next time... Next time
Gunny,
Next time you want some company fishing, shoot me a PM and we'll hook up since we're not all that far apart. That applies to everyone... If you want some company and dont mind helping out a newbie let me know when and where. From the begining I could tell just how willing to help everyone was. THANKS to everyone for such a wonderful time.

BryanL