Woods for Plug Making - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Plugs and Plug Building
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Plugs and Plug Building This is our lure and plug building forum.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:16 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Woods for Plug Making

I'm still not sure if I'm going to use it. I actually have to grab it as I cut a bunch of it up and threw it across the street. Easy to find though. Whay I was going to do is 2 things on cut a dimensional size piece and weigh to get it's density as it is heavy. And also cut a piece and see how a shape floats. Right now I'm really just making Lexan lipped swimmer/divers. I may also save some of this to turn. I just thought also that the history of the type of tree and also being one of the most ancient tree types was neat. This example is rather young but many Yew trees can grow to ages over thousands of years the researchers believe.

Where the trunk has started to grow together it is still young so the stems have not totally become joined. Therefore the density change should not be to drastic, I can check also by balancing the stock after being cut and dried
Sponsored Links
Advertisement