Fishin report from a fishin junkie - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New Hampshire
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Hampshire New Hampshire striped bass fishing discussion & reports

Old 05-26-2004, 05:49 PM

Default Fishin report from a fishin junkie

New to the site and wanted to give my 2 cents.Plum island has been decent, though the fish I have seen have all been little tinkers.Fish the low tide is the only time, really. I live in portsmouth so the trip down there isnt really worth it now that I have had some sucess in the Piscataqua.I fished Peirce Island down past 4 tree island and caught 2 nice schoolies using a yo-zuri mackeral pattern.I was fishing about 3 hours into the incoming tide. As I worked the shoreline towards the mouth I found some pretty deep holes that looked very accomidating to a striper, but i think the water temp is still to cold for most of them.I have heard reports that upriver has been the hot spot so far.I was talking to a guy at Suds N SodA in greenland who said that the lamprey river dam in newmarket has been stellar as of late due to the alewives being corraled under the dam.Fish to 25 pounds have been taken there.I fished up there about an hour after low tide and therw everything at them with no sucess.When you spot a school of alewives, you throw a weighted treble hook into the school and jerk it on the retreive, hooking the alewives, then livelineing them with a balloon.I think i may try that spot again, about an hour or 2 before high tide. I fished hampton a few days ago and didnt catch anything.I had a little guy follow my yo-zuri, but he wasnt anything to get excited about. Any one who has good spots to fish from shore I would love to hear abotu it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2004, 09:40 AM

I fished the lamprey dam at high tide last night, and caught 1 schoolie @ 20 inches.Going to the mouth of the merrimack today, a friend called me this morning with good news that he landed a 36 1/2 inch striper there last night!!!
Old 05-27-2004, 02:13 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Whats up bud? Good reports. Nice to see someone hitting the dam. You must be talking about the damn behind the Mill building in downtown Newmarket right? Use poppers out there. Rapala Skitter Pop ;) I want to hit that dam, maybe today, if not then I'll be there tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2004, 09:35 AM

Default The Dam in Newmarket

I've never heard of fishing the dam, but from the sounds of it, it's worth a cast or two :D .
I've been to Newmarket hundreds of times for family stuff and have never heard one word uttered about it.
If I take a trek out there Sat or Sun (from Manch.), will there be anyone there to trade casts with? Once there, how do you get there? Do you have to park on Main street and walk down?
If no action there, maybe a trip out to Hampton area?
Let me know?
Old 05-29-2004, 10:30 AM

Whats up guys..yeah the dam behind the mill building is the one.I havent used any topwater plugs there, but its worth a crack.Unfortunitly I have to work this weekend, the misfortune of being a chef.The fishing @ the dam will only be good for a few more days, another place you might want to try is the tresle in hampton.I am always lookin for a fishin buddy, so if you are going out, let me know @[email protected] love meeting avid fisherman.lets keep those reports coming in...information leads to better fishing!
Old 05-29-2004, 02:29 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

I am up for fishing this weekend, and also hoping it wont rain. Its a bit windy here in Hampton to be out on the flats, so I am looking to fish inland. Newmarket seems like a good place to hit. If you want my cell number, just PM or email me, and we can trade casts.