License bill for RI introduce - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Rhode Island Fishing
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Rhode Island Fishing Rhode Island striped bass fishing - Local discussion & reports

Old 02-05-2009, 04:46 PM

Default Re: License bill for RI introduce

To re-itterate, consolidate, and educate...........................
There are monthly meetings being held at various locations throughout the state.
These meetings are held by a commitee made up mostly of RISSA board members, 1 representative of DEM, and 1 member, a resident of Mass., that will soon be called to rmove himself from the board. One member represents us, the general public and a freind known to many of us here at 24/7
I am in attendance representing the educated, non-ignorant segment of the population.
I represent my club, it's Rhode Island residents, as well as those from other state chapters.
The bill that was presented to the state, had no input from DEM, no input from this commitee, or any warning it was coming.
The outcry, came not only from the saltwater anglers, but in a much louder outcry from all the other sportsman that have carried the expense of fish and game programs since licensing was created.
Watch for continuing posts and information here. I will be sure to continue to keep all concerned fully up to date, as with my last post in this thread, within minutes of my recieving anything solid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Official Member

Hi This is my first post or reply to post, Thank you for all this information i didnt realize this bill was even being thrown around. Ive been fishing in newport for the past 20 to 25 years and quite unsuccessfully but i love it so much. Im very glad to have found this site to better my chances for stripers it become kind of religeous just wish i were better. Thanks again
Old 04-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Pro Staff

Welcome aboard Bobby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2009, 04:06 PM

HI guys, if you look at the bill passed by the fed. gov. it states that any state with a salt water lic. in effect prier to the righting of the bill (FL NC SC ext...) is allowed to charge for the state and do not have to honor out of state fishing lic. The states with out fishing lic. (NY CT RI MA NH ME) and I think NJ also must honor out of state fed. lic.. I have no problem spending $25 but when I go to CT $50 MA $50 and so on NY I think is over $100 for out of state. We the public are getting f#$ked and it is not right.

Welcom to America NOW PAY UP
Old 04-07-2009, 04:13 PM

Oh yea I forgot, I think that out of state for RI will have to pay the same as in state