Dumbfounded.................... - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Rhode Island Fishing
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Rhode Island Fishing Rhode Island striped bass fishing - Local discussion & reports

Old 01-12-2009, 08:45 PM

Default Dumbfounded....................

and amazed at how ridiculous things can be.
I just returned from the committee meeting of 12 Representatives from the state of Rhode Island that are making the decisions and preparations for the Federal registration requirements of Salt Water Anglers.
What I am about to put in public is neither an exaggeration or B/S.
3 of the Gentlemen on the board were functionally illiterate.
All but 3 were organizational members of RISSA, and the other 3 were members.
All but 1 had absolutely no idea about the subject of which they tried to sound expert, or even the federal laws already in place to produce a working program.
The chairman, the only one with even a clue, was unprepared, unable to answer a single question I had, or understand any of the regulatory laws that I gave information on.
This has got to be the biggest group of idiots to sit at one table I have ever seen.
Medieros is still the most arrogant, ignorant, fat pig I have ever had the displeasure to debate.

God Help Us!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2009, 08:16 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Dumbfounded....................

The fix is in. The flunkies will do whatever Steve wants them to and Steve will do whatever Mark wants him to. Bend over.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Young salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnySniper View Post
This has got to be the biggest group of idiots to sit at one table I have ever seen
Sounds like a congressional hearing to me. . . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2009, 05:06 PM
The Artist Formerly known as Jackbass
Pro Staff

I am from a state where a senator who had a direct hand in the current mortgage crisis runs un-opposed and is then applauded nationally as someone who can help us out if this mess. I feel your pain.

The Problem is in all honesty these representatives are pretty close to what they represent. This country is driven by the media and believes what it is told.

If the media came on the air tommorow and ran an expose on depleted striped bass stocks instead of cowtowing to Al Gore's BS "the inconvenient Truth" People everywhere would be buying things with striped ribbons on them to save the Stripers. People would be buying striper credits instead of carbon credits.

I am sorry kind of went off into left field there.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Young salt

I don't think you went too far off track Jack Bass. I no sooner finished a discussion with a guy at work regarding the media and the negative impact they have on society, than I stumbled across your post. I also believe that as great as this nation is, we'll ever reach the TRUE pinnacle of excellence as long as we remain divided by political affiliation. Far too many good ideas are shot down simply because they came from the mouth of the opposing political party. We have far too many puppets running around now a days, incapable of thinking for themselves so they latch on to religious groups, political parties or other affiliations just so they can feel like they belong to something. Meanwhile, far more time is spent worrying about the next guy and what he's doing, how big his house or how flashy his car is when in reality, that shouldn't matter in the least. The only one's who benefit from this dumming down of society (in the short term that is) is the media.....feeding off the ignorance of the general public to make a quick buck, but at what expense? Corporate greed and the almighty dollar rule all, no holds barred and without fear of consequence of those who get hurt in the process. I find it no coincidence that our children being exposed to sex, drugs and rock n' roll at such a young age as opposed to morals, values and respect for your fellow man that our society is diminishing. Far too few of our children (percentage wise) will go on to make positive contributions to society but instead will become just another case number, file name or statistic. Okay now THAT was rambling on, and I apologize, but I feel as though it had to be said. Thanks for your ears and eyes.

StriperHyper ~ Will
Old 01-14-2009, 06:25 PM

Will...................................................

That post absolutely amazed me. Sometimes we start a topic and end up in crazy directions. Sometimes we arrive at a place we only wished we could go. You brought me to lack of words, if you knew me well enough, you would truly understand the difficulty of that.

Ramble on.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:53 PM

"The press is our chief ideological weapon"

- Nikita Kruschev

Sad but oh so true.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:28 AM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnySniper View Post
Will...................................................

That post absolutely amazed me. Sometimes we start a topic and end up in crazy directions. Sometimes we arrive at a place we only wished we could go. You brought me to lack of words, if you knew me well enough, you would truly understand the difficulty of that.

Ramble on.
i agree gunny...incredible post will.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:37 AM
Banned

Nice post Will I couldn't agree more.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Young salt

I was skeptical writing this response, not so much for fear of ridicule, but rather my lack of knowledge on the subject. I both agree, and disagree with many of the basic, fundamental principals of the 2 major parties. Unfortunately I don't know enough about politics to participate in a formal discussion, but I still have thoughts, ideas and opinions, they're just not based on any sort of outside influence. My opinions are based soley on that of common sense, yet another trait that seems to dwindle as generations pass. This country, without question STILL is, and always will be the greatest nation in the world. To sit here and even entertain the notion that there's room for improvement almost seems selfish, but as an American citizen I am entitled to my opinion, be it good bad or indifferent. The entire procedure of electing a new president, in and of itself, is designed for failure when ya think about it. If party 'A' wins, the majority of party 'B' isn't happy and vice versa. The most valuable of all politicians (did I just say that?) are far outnumbered by the naysayers. It is those who's interests' lie, first and foremost, on whats best for the country and not just their political cronies. John McCain's speech after conceeding defeat was motivational, uplifting and without prejudice. Unfortunately, the message he was trying to put forth probably fell on more deaf ears than creative minds. You can be sure that the meaning was much, much deeper than trying to save face and not be seen as a sore loser. A crowd of diehard followers continued bashing Obama even after the votes were tallied, undoubtedly scorned by defeat. McCain, however, didn't see it that way. He knew then and knows now that there is still work to be done, and that we need all hands on deck to reach our ultimate goal, and that's the bigger picture. That "hidden message" of which he spoke was from a fellow countrymen, one who may have lost the battle before him but refused to give up on the war, no matter who the general. In that moment I saw John McCain not as as a republican or even as a politician, but rather a true American. That's what it should be about, not you OR I, but you AND I, banding together by any means necessary to pave the way for future generations. Differences in opinion are what make this country great, I have mine, you have yours and we're ALL entitled to them no matter what anyone else thinks or says. Opinions based strictly on political beliefs, IMO, will never bring us to where we need to be as a nation, and that's as one!!!!!!!

StriperHyper ~ Will

Last edited by StriperHyper; 01-15-2009 at 04:58 PM. Reason: wording
Old 01-15-2009, 03:57 PM

Which brings me back to the original post......................................

I am not now, nor have I ever been a fan of a salt water fishing license.
If I saw another option, or alternative I would pursue that with whole heart.
The options we have are limited.

Give our money to the US Government, so it too can go into the spend it faster than we can print it bailout programs that will leave us absolutely nothing in return.

Protect the money, put it to use to help our fisheries and opportunities, and access. Put fish ladders at all industrial relic dams for the herring and shad to rebuild historic spawning grounds. Artificial reefs would go a long way to rebuilding deep water stocks and create opportunities in near shore waters for the small boat angler. Most importantly strengthen our voice through known numbers and a common cause to keep the dirty bastards fom stealing more of our hard earned money.

One way or another we are going to have to pay for our love of the oceanic gamefish.
I would rather invest my money, than give it to another corporate bailout, so that half disappears without a trace.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:36 PM

OK, DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE MEDIA. Too late, you guys remember last year when the gas price went to 57272788.64 a gal ? Do you also remember that when Frank Coletta said that the price of oil is going up that Yeartsyuyt the RAG HEAD OWNER OF THE 7 F-FIN 11 shot out of bed and ran to his store to jack the gas price up 10.00 a f#$kin gal. It was all W. Dick telling the media that the price and demand has gone out of control and there is nothing they can do about it. When #1 and #2 are filling there pockets my hard earned [email protected]#kin money.

Don't believe me, look at the price of gas now
Old 04-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Rubber Shad Ex-spert

One man, if he tries, can make a difference. I have respect for a guy who takes the time and listens to law making jack [email protected]#'s instead of making a days pay . . . when it's something that matters. I do. If more people would show up, and pound there fists . . . no not even; if one guy shows up with a petition with hand signatures from avid fisherman stating our point of view so much the better.

It's situations like this that require credentials. An upstanding solid figure as yourself should represent Gunny. Politics sucks. But get a petition rolling!
Old 04-30-2009, 04:06 PM

I quote Gunny here: "Medieros is still the most arrogant, ignorant, fat pig I have ever had the displeasure to debate."
A personal attack. Extremely inappropriate no matter how you look at it. Fat pig? What are we, 11 years old?
I personally find it hard to believe that all 12 of those people could be so stupid and one man so much smarter than them. Especially when I know most of the people on that panel and find all of them to be intelligent and informed. Arrogance? Take a look in the mirror.
You make it sound like there are some huge issues out there to be debated. There aren't! A saltwater registry is coming. Period. There are very few other questions to answer. Will RI go with the Federal program or start a State program? If we go with a State Program, will the funds collected go into the general fund, or to DEM? How much will it cost to register? Will a RI license be reciprocal with the surrounding states? How much will nonresidents have to pay? What else is there to know?
I try to stay out of crap throwing like this, but you were way out of line Gunny. Now I know why I stay away from sites like this. Right or wrong, anyone with a computer can sit there and be a keyboard expert. When was the last time you actually did something to try to help marine fisheries? Shame on you. Your "Title" and attitude are almost enough to make me embarrassed to be a Veteran.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:49 PM

Yeah, OK I was and am a little out of line with the personal attack, but like always, I stand by the words from my mouth as well as my keyboard.
I've been active in the political arena for quite a while now. Spend my time and have put my money where my mouth is.
The fact of the matter remains, that some people are so driven by self hero worship they go beyond the explainable in the effort they put forth. I have confronted the propaganda, and at times outright lies that I have heard at many hearings attended. Pick up a copy of the newsletter, I have 29 passages highlighted that are outright false over a period of the last 11 months alone. But then again when your most vocal catagory are the commercial interests in your organization, I guess you got to figure thats the side the bread has the butter on.
Ashamed to be a Vet, sounds like a personal problem to me, My mouth, attitude, and untiring devotion to mission comes from my time in the Corps, doing what I loved.
Like me or hate me, I really care not.
I can also give credit where credit is due, some very good things have come from that club.
It's just a crying shame this issue has to be clouded and made complicated when the answer doesn't have to be. The current plan would leave the program wide open to future abuse and pllage by the idiots at the state house.