Ceaseless, continuous, unremitting, relentless, persistent, constant Skunkings - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic. Saltwater and freshwater surfcasting. Plugging, Bait dunking and boating

Old 03-30-2010, 10:43 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Ceaseless, continuous, unremitting, relentless, persistent, constant Skunkings

never surrender , never give in !
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Official Member

Default Re: Ceaseless, continuous, unremitting, relentless, persistent, constant Skunkings

Never, never, never give up.
-Tred Barta

If your doing all the the right things in all the right places, don't change a thing.

If your not, change it up a little... or a lot (explore!)
You might learn something new!
Old 03-31-2010, 05:26 AM
Official Member

Sometimes Ill get that oddball looking lure thats in the corner of my tackle bag. sometimes ill add stuff to my lure. I keep a little xmas tree tinsel. or put on feathered treble hooks.

Or ill start moving around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2010, 07:19 AM
Striper Hunter

find the jerk who packed a banana and make him swim to shore (if he's my friend, i'll offer to tow him/her on a throwable PFD)
Old 04-13-2010, 06:12 AM
I had a BLAST!

Location: I'm from Manhattan, live in Ct, & my heart is in SOCO

Constant skunkings is discouraging, for sure. This happens. I will change spots, do the chunking thing, or maybe target another species for a bit. But I will not be discouraged.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:29 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

heed the weather pattern. if i had a buck for every skunk prediction man. sometimes ya need a fish more than ya want one. this past weekend is the case. i literally was begging for a fish cuz at the cusp of the break in weather i was never going to give up on them as they can and do surprize us but? all the major weapons or tactics become useless when things turn for the worse. the one of many spots can produce a fish for you but years of skunk analysis has wisdom overshadowing pure luck. and pure luck is being in a position to be successful... if not? then luck becomes bad luck and that's why they call it fishing....never ever give up on this species cuz on any given day, a departure from the norm can arrive and baffle even the saltiest and seasoned of us.