Fish Finder - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Saltwater Tackle Shop
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Tackle Shop Product testing. Terminal tackle and gear forum. This forum is here to help the new and experienced angler in making good decision's when purchasing new gear. Talk about rods, reels, lures etc. here. List tackle or gear that you have experience with so that we may encourage others to try. Index of tackle dealers.

Old 04-01-2005, 05:40 AM

Default Fish Finder

I was looking to buy a Humminbird SmartCast RF15 Portable Fishfinder since I do alot of fishing from the shore. I was wondering if anyone has tried one of these or the previous model the RF10. :D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2005, 05:44 AM

Nah. Do they work? I understand your supposed to cast them out and they give you a picture from shore. Is that correct?
Old 04-01-2005, 06:12 AM

Thats what they're suppose to do but I'm not to sure. So if anyone out there has ever used one of these, please let me now how good they work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2005, 11:45 AM

Welcome to the site! I have looked at those units a few times, they look pretty cool. I think the display mounts right on your fishin pole, I wonder how well they work?
Old 04-01-2005, 05:10 PM
Veteran Elite

I'd be afraid to cast the damn thing off if it attaches to your line... LOL I know they have several types, I looked at them briefly...Some mount on the pole, others you wear on your wrist like a watch. Either way, its wireless and I wouldn't buy one until I could try one out that some one else spent thier money on LOL
Old 04-01-2005, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleT
I'd be afraid to cast the damn thing off if it attaches to your line
I do that with bells, battery lights, glow sticks. Im always forgeting that I put them on. I see a buck and a half sinking at 100 yards. :twisted:
Old 05-09-2005, 08:26 AM
Pro Staff

I was just going to ask about these too, but I found this string. Seems like a great idea for us shorebound guys if they work. I was looking at them online last week. Not that I consider a skunk trip to be a waste of time, I'm out fishing after all, but sometimes it would be nice to be able to cast an eyeball out and see what's down there, especially if you're unfamiliar with the bottom structure. Most of the time I just feel like I'm casting blind, ya know? If anyone happens to try one out, please post your results!!

Skunked 7 times in a row now, the wife is just laughing at me. :?