Lake Monroe 6-21-09 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Indiana Stripers and Wipers
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 06-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Wiper Guru

Default Lake Monroe 6-21-09

What a Father's Day! Five casts. Five fish. All over five pounds. It was incredible. Then there was that 18 lb. blue cat that hit my spoon. I really thought I had caught the big one.

We put in at Paynetown as most folks were leaving; late afternoon. It was too hot to fish so we swam until the sun sank to about the seven p.m. location, then fished. By eight they were biting regularly. I'm not sure how many we caught, maybe a dozen, but I was disappointed with the size. Most were in the 5-7 lb. size and none were larger. Of course, it's hard to convince a five pound wiper that it weighs only five pounds, but still, it would have been nice to tackle one of the bigger guys.

We left a little before sundown, tired and happy. The only thing that would have made it better is if my two boys had been able to join me. Hope all who celebrated Father's Day had a good one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2009, 09:34 AM
Official Member

Default Re: Lake Monroe 6-21-09

Sounds like you had a good evening. I've only been to the river twice in the last 3 weeks because it's staying so muddy for so long with all this rain or I'd be posting more. I've caught 14 the last 3 weeks. Very poor fishing around here. So it's great to hear that they're biting somewhere.
Hard to convince an 18lb Blue that he only weighs 18 lbs too,,huh