Lake Raystown PA - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Pennsylvania's Lakes, Rivers and Impoundments
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 06-27-2008, 12:18 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Lake Raystown PA

I'm headed up tomorrow morning and staying till Thursday of Friday, plan on hitting the lake at night a couple times while vacationing during the day with the family. I'll post a report either during or upon return. Tight lines. jakebird
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2008, 12:09 PM

Default Re: Lake Raystown PA

Best of luck Jake hope the weather holds up for you. Its been a decent weekend in North East Pa. I think Im going to try Beltsville soon. Its not very far from me. Raystown is quite a drive.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:33 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Lake Raystown PA

Made it on the lake Wednesday night, it was a new moon and bait (alewife) was very active on top from about 12:00 am till 2 am. Occasional stripers blowing up, but nothing consistent. We spent the night throwing redfin plugs at the dam breast and only boated two small ones....19 3/4" and one about 24" just under 5 lb. Kept that one for fillets. By 4 am lake was dead and even the bait had moved out again. I'll hopefully make it out again maybe next month, but looking forward to cooler weather and more consisitent action. Guides and locals are still hitting a few fish early in the morning dragging bait on riggers and planers.