Northern Aqueduct Fishing? - Page 28 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > California - Lakes, Rivers, Bay and Delta > California Aqueduct
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 12-29-2014, 10:20 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Northern Aqueduct Fishing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnfield11 View Post
Ok so i loaded one round into the clip and got my finger pinched between the hammer and the bullet. Was told to leave bird rd on the mendota since i was fishing on the other side of the barbed wire fence but not past the yellow gates that i have been told are ok and not ok ?
Who told you to leave?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2014, 05:56 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDiamond View Post
Who told you to leave?
San Joaquin County Sheriff.. Rolled up on me and two others fishing right next to the road.He referred all questions I asked about fishing on the Cali to be referred to a game warden . I had to mention the public access that the cali website promotes to the public about the bike trail access.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:44 AM
Official Member

I think I know whats going on! a few months ago someone blew up the new bathroom at Bethany with an actual bomb and it leveled the whole structure. The FBI even came to investigate so ever since then the sheriff has been patrolling Bethany. my brother got rolled up on a few nites ago there and they told them about it. so thats probably why they are cracking down on the mendota. been out to the cali a few times the last two weeks and no bites.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2015, 03:05 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnsince74 View Post
I think I know whats going on! a few months ago someone blew up the new bathroom at Bethany with an actual bomb and it leveled the whole structure. The FBI even came to investigate so ever since then the sheriff has been patrolling Bethany. my brother got rolled up on a few nites ago there and they told them about it. so thats probably why they are cracking down on the mendota. been out to the cali a few times the last two weeks and no bites.
My brother was out on the mendota and some guy fishing on top of the gates was ready to fight the water district employee when told to get off the gates . Could be contributing as well to the sheriff dept limiting access since they are the ones that have to respond out there. Slow fishing over the last couple of weeks but the ones caught have been in the 18 plus size with fewer little guys.next week will worm up a bit ,hope it picks up the bite.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:23 PM
Striper Hunter

Leave it a few Knuckleheads to ruin it for everyone. Haven't been out in a while. I guess I better get used to the Cali.
Old 01-03-2015, 01:07 AM
Striper Hunter

I've fished Mendota before with no issues. It's always a few individuals that ruin it for everyone.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:30 AM
First Mate

No bites lately on the mendota. Been hitting it after work for 10 to 20 minutes and only one little guy in 4 tries. Caught a 22 incher at los vaqueros while fishing for trout . So much for the fishing report for the lake ,it was 5 landed and 4 missed bites. Quite different fishing a lake for stripers than the aquaducts . And they dont fight nearly as hard from the lake.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:04 PM
Striper Hunter

Haven't been out for a long time. I too have been fishing for trout at Los Vaqueros and Shadow Cliffs. Few trout caught. I miss fishing the Mendota and Cali. Got to get back to it
Old 01-17-2015, 01:19 AM
First Mate

Went back to an old spot next to work . Got a visit from the game warden while fishing the mendota past the yellow gates.All was good,he stated that walking in and fishing is ok . Told him about the sheriff running me off the mendota at bird rd .Apparently the sheriffs dept is the one that gets called in to handle those that tresspass on the gates and intimidate the water dist employees.So they enforce in a differnt manner to remove the possability of getting called out there. Anyway got two missed two more in about 20 minutes. The bites is coming back and the flow has slowed on the mendota.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:15 PM
Official Member

went out to the mendota yesterday evening for about an hour and got bites on every cast and caught a 19 inch striper on chicken liver about 30 minutes in. also went to the cali a few days ago with no luck but a guy fishing next to me said him and his buddy limited out a few days earlier on chicken liver. seems like the action is starting to pick up!
Old 01-19-2015, 06:59 PM
Striper Hunter

Barn Thanks for the heads up. Makes it a little easier to fish on the Mendota. Went on Sat afternoon, caught one pretty slow though. Hope to go out next week
Old 01-20-2015, 04:10 PM
First Mate

Fished a little on monday,with a flu raging .yea not to smart but i was going crazy sitting at home.Caught one LMB and missed a couple of bites . Really slow retrieve . The game warden that stopped by (yea 2 visits in 4 days ) said the bite is on between tracy and westly.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:59 AM
First Mate

Sunday finally fished in the morning .started st 8:30 and finished at 9:30. Three stripers over 18 inches and 5 close to 18 inches. Found a school sitting at an old spot then they moved and could not find the school again. Will have to try again in the morning next weekend. Can't call in sick at work since I as actually sick last week.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:25 PM
Striper Hunter

Pretty slow out there, Caught 3 keepers on Sat on the Mendota between Lammers and Hansen. Caught 1 of Sun between Lammers and Coral Hollow. Might go out on Sat if it doesn't rain
Old 02-06-2015, 12:59 AM
First Mate

Fished a couple more timed at Safeway with lots of fish . some keepers and a lot close to it . fished with my brother on Tuesday at the same spot and the numbers were lower after work. So what the secret to getting the bigger ones. Used bigger swim shad and caught the same damn fish