Northern Aqueduct Fishing? - Page 19 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > California - Lakes, Rivers, Bay and Delta > California Aqueduct
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 06-22-2014, 07:15 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Northern Aqueduct Fishing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnfield11 View Post
Are you using redworms, mini cramlers or night crawlers?
night crawlers. I really like the ones from walmart. The canadian ones in the orange tub. Only time i buy redworms is when i try to torture myself into fishing for mudsuckers. i did try that 2 liter minnow trap that u see in youtube. wanted to test that out in areas that the moss is thick on the banks around these parts. It caught 5 nice size minnows. threw some bread in the bottle and let it soak for 20 mins.

Went out friday night around 6 and stayed until about 1am. Hooked up to 8 catfish. 12-15inch range. Not one striper hit. Used Anchovies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2014, 09:15 PM
Official Member

Snitches get stitches
Old 06-23-2014, 01:52 AM
First Mate

Hit the spot behind safeway and caught zero on saturday around 3pm. Hit lammers and caught 2 right under the bridge, they just were not hitting.the 2 I did catch bit on the way down and hit a number of times before I could set the hook.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2014, 01:55 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjimenez2013 View Post
night crawlers. I really like the ones from walmart. The canadian ones in the orange tub. Only time i buy redworms is when i try to torture myself into fishing for mudsuckers. i did try that 2 liter minnow trap that u see in youtube. wanted to test that out in areas that the moss is thick on the banks around these parts. It caught 5 nice size minnows. threw some bread in the bottle and let it soak for 20 mins.

Went out friday night around 6 and stayed until about 1am. Hooked up to 8 catfish. 12-15inch range. Not one striper hit. Used Anchovies
Is there a tag for the 2 liter minnow trap . Lots of moss showing up in the mendota duct!!!! Had to clear the hook every time the lure came out of the water.noticed a lot of small minnows , but they all can not all be small and they make great bait.only 2 stripers today at 15 inches in 30 minutes, swim shad will change out to the small goofy looking minnow tomorrow.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:00 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by inrealtime View Post
Used to fish at the duct right off patterson pass exit, but decided to try by the Safeway mentioned in here. First time here, but No luck for me all day. Went to 4 or 5 spots & all I saw were carps swimming around. Maybe I was in the wrong area. Was here Friday
I really liked the fact you can drive right up at some of the spots. The ca duct at patterson paas is a long walk to the dam.

Thanks for keeping the thread alive. Always gets me excited reading it. Wish I didnt live so far from here. So jealous of the ones that can drop by after work.
Have seen a lot of foot traffic out there but never made the hike to the gates on the cali at patterson pass. Do they catch big ? Getting hot maybe its more like catfish time , not sure just guessing...last summer landed some nice stripers at night .
Old 06-24-2014, 07:21 PM
Striper Hunter

Went out Sat to the pumps at Bethany, not a single bite. Went out Sun on Lammers caught 1 Really windy, water was choppy, hopefully it will be better this week
Old 06-24-2014, 11:29 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDiamond View Post
Went out Sat to the pumps at Bethany, not a single bite. Went out Sun on Lammers caught 1 Really windy, water was choppy, hopefully it will be better this week
Went out today for 30 minutes and only caught weeds.wind was blowing so hard it closed the trunk and lost 6 inches off my favorite pole. Good thing fishermans warehouse in manteca stocks a lot of eyes for someone like me ..lol. thats a long way to the gates at bethany, where did all the stripers go this week?
Old 06-26-2014, 01:06 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
wind was blowing so hard it closed the trunk and lost 6 inches off my favorite pole.
Good reason to visit Bass Pro shop
Old 06-26-2014, 08:38 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Have seen a lot of foot traffic out there but never made the hike to the gates on the cali at patterson pass. Do they catch big ? Getting hot maybe its more like catfish time , not sure just guessing...last summer landed some nice stripers at night .
When its on it more like shaker after shaker with a few legals thrown in. I did see some huge carps in there though. One looked to be 30 lbs. No corn on hand, although I dont know how I would get in up on the embankment if I did hook it.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:25 AM
Striper Hunter

Went out this morning at Lammers. Caught 6 at 6 different spots.( Bridges and Irrigation pumps ) Really weird to catch only one fish then move catch another and have to move again. Planning to hit it again tomorrow. Hopefully I'll come upon a school.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:21 PM
Striper Hunter

Went out this morning to the pumps near Corral Hollow, caught 2 nice size stripers. Water dead, no flow whatsoever. Also went to the Mendota off Grantline, Way to windy to fish but I tried, No luck, no bites
Old 06-27-2014, 11:22 PM
First Mate

Went out the last 2 days and only 1 fish per day.fished about 20 to 30 minutes each time . The fish are just not schooled up or not ready to bite . Hit bird rd and mc arthur for one fish each.most likely will not fish this weekend way too busy , need to get the big boat ready for skiing , the kids are really bugging me now to get it ready.will keep trying during the week to find schools and different methods . Watched the you tube video on the 2 liter minnow trap , so easy I must try.live bait is it but the bait store in tracy had a car drive through the tackle area and is in repair.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:33 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by inrealtime View Post
When its on it more like shaker after shaker with a few legals thrown in. I did see some huge carps in there though. One looked to be 30 lbs. No corn on hand, although I dont know how I would get in up on the embankment if I did hook it.
Those carp will hit the swim bait and worms, but corn is the killer along with masa for tamales. How is the fishing in the bay ? Do you go for rays and shark. Lots of fun on big gear. Would travel to alameda and dumbarton all the time trying to catch stripers but oniy ended up sending the bait store owners kids through college.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:41 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDiamond View Post
Went out this morning at Lammers. Caught 6 at 6 different spots.( Bridges and Irrigation pumps ) Really weird to catch only one fish then move catch another and have to move again. Planning to hit it again tomorrow. Hopefully I'll come upon a school.
Yea I dont get it , are the fish really that spread out or just not aggresive right now . They should were hitting so hard and in good numbers and size a couple of weeks ago.The wind is no help either and has not let up in the afternoon when I get off work.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:41 PM
First Mate

The only thing I caught this weekend was a flu. Anyone else have better luck ?