THE OPPOSITION - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Lounge
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Lounge Off-topic discussion here. Non-fishing related chit chat & banter. No Divisive subject matter - No Viscious Political and Religious debates please.

Old 05-11-2004, 08:09 AM

Default THE OPPOSITION

THE OPPOSITION

http://www.nofishing.net/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2004, 10:19 AM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Oh my goodness. Well, I guess I may the worse of the 2, Game Fisherman and Sport Fisherman. I fish for the Sport, not the Game, as I dont eat seafood (tuna subs and sandwiches only). I never eat Stripers, or any Bass for that matter. I respect them too much. So I am "hurting" the fish without cause, because I am not surviving off of them. But I cannot understand the mentality of the animal rights type. I deal with things on the bases of thought process and reality, and I think PETA people and similar types deal with things on the basis of emotion. And that is never a good thing. Just look at George Bush.

Sometimes I think the rights activists need to be put in a position like those that lived before us, a position where food wasnt readily available, or "prepared". Someplace where they would HAVE to HUNT in order to survive. I also believe these types of emotional people take things for granted. If they were starving in the wild, and there was no tofu, what would they do?

Not eating meat is a decision. Eating meat is in instinct.

The number one thing that animal rights activists forget, is that our ancestors and the people who lived before us were hunters & gatherers. They made it possible for us to exist. If they had not survived harsh weather conditions and perservered through the times, we would have never even been here. You wouldnt even have the choice to part of "PETA".

In our times now, it is not necessary for one to accept their own nature. You are able to make decisions such as these, on the basis of emotion, without fear of starving or succumbing to the elements. But the moment you are placed in a situation where emotion becomes second place to nature, instinct, genetics, and evolution, you WILL revert back the very thing you choose not to accept. You WILL hunt. You will GATHER. You WILL eat the meat. For survival.

Besides, why do you think we have incisors?

Old 05-12-2004, 04:23 PM

That's some funny site! I especially enjoyed the analogy of imagining myself grabbing an apple from a tree, only to be impaled by a hook and dragged through the orchard. Fish feel pain!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2005, 02:20 AM

Check out their latest video. I think its disturbing. I dont tell them to kill the vegetables.
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs....o=chew_on_this
Old 02-01-2005, 06:31 PM

I feel that if they dont want to eat meat its their choice...dont dont try to convince me!

OK, fine they thinks its wrong, well say it, then sit the hell down!

Im pissed because they are against fishing...not like Im torturing the fish...I catch it, then I let it go...

...Its like some dude at your door tryin to convert you to his cult...just, pestering the hell out of you...

...GO BACK TO THE HIPPIE COMMUNE!

AND BACK OFF FISHING! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x :x :x makes me so damn mad!
Old 02-04-2005, 06:40 PM

I'd do that to my dog in a heart beat....have you ever met my a**hole dog? ok then hahaha.

I have a daughter thats almost three.......the dog would rather have the hook trust me.

:twisted: craig aka briggs :twisted:

aka surfcastermaster

8) MASTER OF HIS OWN DOMAIN 8)

and lover of animals
Old 11-02-2005, 02:27 AM

Hey wheres that peta guy who used to post here. We need a few lively debates. :) Check out their new comic. "taking aim at dads who fish." lol It would take aim directly to the garbage pail. Fishing hurts
Old 11-02-2005, 03:03 AM

Hey guys hows it goin?? Just finished moving into my new home so I haven't been on for a while. Anyways, Jim, that video is pretty disturbing.
I had an article in one of my zines that said it was scientifically proven that fish cannot feel any pain. If I find it I'll scan and post. I have a friend who turned into a vegan about five years ago and I love bringing it up every time we talk to a bunch of hot chicks, he gets so pissed at me.
Check out this prank played on some peta guy/fairy.

Check It Out
Old 11-02-2005, 03:09 AM

Yea i saw Mr. Macho a couple of times, hes weak.

WHATS UP LEET? I been keeping your Joke and fact of the day goiing bro. Im runnin outa material.

BTW any organizm with a nervous system 'feels'. Whether the brain interprets the information from the nocioceptors as PAIN as we know it or not is debatable. Without them you wouldnt pull your hand from a fire and a fish woudnt run the other way pulling line. I suspect that they do feel somethin. ;)
Old 11-02-2005, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by striperjim
I been keeping your Joke and fact of the day goiing bro. Im runnin outa material.
Thanx alot Jim. I really like all the interesting facts that some of the members have been posting. I'll start posting more now that my computer is up and running again. Perhaps I should start posting bizarre facts to keep things interesting. As for the joke of the day, well it's up to the guys and gals here on the board if they want to keep it running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by striperjim
I suspect that they do feel somethin.
If I remember correctly, the article said that all fish are missing something in their brain which disallows them to feel pain. But it's a proven fact that fish sense and feel vibrations in the water so I'm not sure if anybody really knows the truth of whether or not they feel pain.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:43 AM

I would guess that its prostaglandinE . that is what is implicated in the pain response in humans. some guy will probably receive a phd for his report but IMHO the human endocrine system is vastly different to that of a fish. Pain relievers like tylenol aspirin and ibuprofin work by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandin-e from the hypothalumus. All that study will mean to me is that aspirins wont work on a fish. :) Unless of course a fish completely lacks a hypothalumus.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Hey PETA, get a clue

I checked out the no fish site and while I believe they are entitled to an opinion I can't help but think there are PETA members who...

Take medications that are derived from animals (there are alot of these) even if the meds might be synthesized now thaey were originally invented by research and extraction from animals.

Purchased a car with leather interior.

Used a cosmetic, or hygene product that was tested on an animal.

Keep there beloved dog locked in a house or an apartment while they go to work all day (talk about cruelty!).

I wish they would take their passion and redirect it toward true humanitarian causes. Like:

Eexplotation of underage workers in the US and abroad.

Senior citizen neglect and abuse in nursing homes.

Child abuse and illmanaged foster care programs.

Anything that will better the human race, unless they maintain the position that all of humanity is bliss (get a clue). I have also heard the arguement that they fight for animals because they can't fight for themselves. Um, ever see a bear defend its cubs? Right, it is not the same because as humans we should not force animals to defend themselves against us, sorry I thought that was how evolution worked, and we got to the top of the food chain.

I too release most all of what I catch, sometimes I give the catch to people who I know will eat it, many of these people barely make ends meat and my cruelity to fish will provide food for them tonight. PETA should take the time to figure out how to feed them. While they are at it they should figure out how to feed those who are starving around the world using nothing but non meat products. By the way, if they could figure it out my next question would be how many vitamins and supplements do the majority of vegiterians take to compensate for the lack of nutrients in thier diet. If they can figure this out they should convert the world and pay the bill! Until then they shoul should stick to their highly effective tactis of throwing paint on fur coats.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:48 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

I love animals. I actually have more tolerance for animals than I do for Humanoids. However I find it very, VERY disturbing that there are Humanoids out there that have forgotten their past, and have forgotten about nature.

It seems PETA is "thee in thing" for certain types of 'Noids, mainly bored and/or wealthy people and/or people looking for a flag to wave.

Again, I would like to see such people put in a position where they would need to remember their natural instincts as an ANIMAL themselves. If put in a situation similar to what our ancestors had to persevere through thousands of years ago, I am thoroughly convinced that these "PETA" types would revert to their forgotten, natural ways.

Not only have millions of 'Noids forgotten about their past, heritage, and ancestory, & nature, they have forgotten that without animals and their meat, we would not exist. I wouldnt exist. They wouldnt exist. PETA wouldnt exist. In my opinion, these "hip" people owe a debt of gratitude to meateaters. Surely, humanity would not have perservered through so many years on twigs & berries.

Without the mind, nature, natural law, genetics, and evolution, we have nothing. Something floating up in the clouds certainly isnt going to save anyone. I'm convinced that some folks just dont have enough faith in themselves, so they need a "crutch" to help them along. Maybe PETA is a crutch for some people.

They are allowed their opinions. But to me, anyone who argues against nature and natural law needs to do some research. Humans are animals too, instinct is natural, some decisions are not, and I think they just forgot that we are part of the food chain.

And not to be mean, but I wouldnt want to bet on a "PETA" member being out in the woods or something. I dont think they would last long. Their cushioned life has clouded their perception of reality and nature. They would succumb to nature in no time. They have not only made the decision to not eat the animals, but have also made the decision to suppress their NATURAL INSTINCTS.

Life is all about decisions...

EDIT: I forgot to reiterate that its not the casual people who prefer not to dine on any aminals who give me the creeps, my ex-girlfriend was a vegetarian (French-Canadian too LMAO), its the radicals that creep me out.

Old 11-02-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Viamins

Haha.....I don't know how many of these silly vegan/veggie "activist" types who are also vitamin poppers etc.---hello, what do you think your gell capped vitamins are made of?...gelatin from Mr . Cow (bones and skin)!!!!

Everything in moderation is key and as JB said, one should not let emotions run your life.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:53 AM

I'd go vegan for these ladies....untill I hit a home run!

Rump roast anyone? Lucky @$$ rabbit!