Tube and Worm - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > The Striper Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Striper Forum All things Striper. Striped Bass Fishing Room Born on date March 11 2004.

Old 07-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Tube and Worm

Hello Stripers247 Members,

OK... This is my first post as a new member and I'm looking for opinions so I know that this is high-risk. But, it's Friday after the fourth and I've gotta work so here goes!

I'm looking to start fishing tube-and-worm rigs and I've been reading what I can find on the topic. My plan is to develop this as my middle-of-the-day and its a bluebird sky day tactic. If I were down South I'd break out the buck-tails and Cisco Kids as soon as the summer sun got, But I'm not reading much about using either here in New England. Thus my interest in tube-and-worm fishing.

I'm looking for opinions on presentation... Lots of stuff out there on presenting with lead core, I've used that in freshwater with limited success. Lot's of stuff out there on using drails, either the traditional style or the "T-Man" style. Less stuff out there on using downriggers. I've got two on my boat now and have used them to slow troll live bait for years.

Looking for opinions on which presentation makes the most sense to start with... leadcore?? drails?? or downriggers??

Thanks,
TomB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2013, 07:45 AM
Pro Staff

Default Re: Tube and Worm

I've always used leadcore with tube & worm rigs, but I don't see why they wouldn't work just fine on downriggers. If you already have them set up on your boat and are comfortable using them I'd give it a shot.