Congratulations and Welcome to Ed White - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New Jersey
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Jersey Regional discussion, news and reports for striped bass fishing in New Jersey

Old 11-17-2006, 09:46 AM

Default Congratulations and Welcome to Ed White

The newest member of the Shark River Surf Anglers

Now get out there and catch some fish !!

Name:  SRSALogoAvatar.gif
Views: 28
Size:  3.4 KB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2006, 09:12 PM
LunkHead

Default Re: Congratulations and Welcome to Ed White

Thank Ya, Thank Ya Very Much.........
First tournament weekend was a bust, fished river/ocean/bridges for nary a nibble. On a side note, I cruised into Long Branch last Sat night on my way to go fishing up north, and the lights started dimming in my truck, the ammeter only showed 9 volts, and then the truck sputtered to a halt in the Windmill parking lot.....called my buddy to meet me there, we fished for 5 hours or so, and then I got to sleep in my truck till the parts store opened.
Would have been worth it if I'd caught a fish.
Anyway, just came back from a few hours on the beach and river, nada, only saw one twink taken on a clam. Water still kinda active in close. I fear it is time to break out the bait rod again, at least till I see some more peanuts, or something, the plugging has been painful lately.
Last tourney coming up over the long Thanksgiving weekend, I sure hope I can put up a fish, not to mention my daughter would sure like to see me bring one home.

Nice sig, by the way.

"An Evil Barbarian with a Wrench in His Pocket......"

Old 11-17-2006, 09:27 PM
Lunker

oh man were did our little silver freinds go? this is turning out to be bad when u have to fish bait in the fall. well of to the hook will post a report tommorrow

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2006, 11:28 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

nah nah, just fished for 2 hrs (all i had time for) tonight and i got 3 runoffs but definately not skates or crabs. the prediction is correct and they are moving in. get out there cause the wind we needed put em back on track.

Old 11-18-2006, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnut View Post
well of to the hook will post a report tommorrow

Well tonight certainly sucked! Hope you did better there then I did.

I want a job with The Weather Channel - where else can you keep a job when you only get it right once in a long while. They weren't even in the ballpark tonight, 8 mph breeze my left butt cheek!! Friggen honkin out there, had to be pushing an easy 20. Had to throw lead that was really too heavy for the job and even then by the time the belly was out of the line it was past the sweet spot in the drift. No point in throwing plugs, they would have just come back in my face. Had the idiots at the Weather channel been even slightly close I would have brought some loaded Bombers and Bottle plugs rather then metal lips and plastic minnows.

Total waste of a long walk (actually a double long walk, got almost all the way out and realized I left my plug bag in the car - DOH ) Finally got all the way out only to discover that the wind out there was absolutely honkin, made 10 casts, never even opened the plug bag I did all that walking for, turned around and left for other spots. (they sucked too)

I'm done for a few days. My folks and one of my sisters are traveling this year so my side of the family is celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow. Sunday I have to go watch the Jets get their guts stomped out by da Bears.
I'm in the middle of the top row in section 324. Anyone nearby should stop by and say hello - I'm the guy with the two kids (who are learning all kinds of interesting new words up there)
Old 11-18-2006, 07:17 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

lol. there are bass in the water here., will give the early am a shot. i figure since it;s my birthday i might just get a gift.

Old 11-19-2006, 12:07 PM
LunkHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimno1 View Post
lol. there are bass in the water here., will give the early am a shot. i figure since it;s my birthday i might just get a gift.
Well, Happy Birthday Ya Bastage!!!

Just for you I went out and caught 3 twinks in the wash this a.m., I hope you appreciate it. I hope this is the start of something, cause the last start of something sorta petered out. Of course, about the time the weekend starts on Wed the winds should be tornado strength.

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
You look like a monkey,
And smell like one too.......

"An Evil Barbarian with a Wrench in His Pocket......"

Old 11-19-2006, 10:24 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

tanks ya king of da twinkies! opted to go to the fly tying show in somerset. pic in fly section. glad ya caught some fish., think you should fish hard tomorrow and tues as this wind might just kill it for us. wed i will hit the back of the harbor in hopes of some stragglers on the hunt. hard ride by me and bluefish are still lurking. bastages! seals have been spotted off the rocks down by my house so i;m really stewed about that. they camp out and just watch me as if i;m gonna feed em or something. as cute as they are the whole area is devoid of fish when they come/ jim and i will come down wed and fish with ya if the charter falls through. will call you tues night.