Jersey Shore Reports for 2009 - Page 30 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New Jersey
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Jersey Regional discussion, news and reports for striped bass fishing in New Jersey

Old 12-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Jersey Shore Reports for 2009

looking for a guy that i would run into regularly up the navasink, cant remember his name but fished with a crappie rod and some custom lures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2009, 11:39 AM

Was he a short older grumpy guy, rarely shaved, beat up 10' Lami Surfking, 706z and threw some of the greatest lures ever made ??
That would be Gary Hull, who unfortunately passed away a year ago.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Striper Hunter

grumpy yes, but a gentleman too. he would throw these custom lures that he weaved himelf(at least he said he did) it was a flat material about 1/16th of an inch wide, plastic maybe? It's been a few years since then but he left an impression. trying to find that stuff he used. I would run into him on the middletown side. nice guy. giong to go poke my head out front for a few.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2009, 12:52 AM

That wouldn't be Gary, he did wood plugs
Old 12-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Driving back now 12:30pm. Got down sea isle 9pm thurs. But I needed rest so I walked to beach jus to take a peek. Woke a lil late Friday and no one had fresh bait in the area so I went to my freazer and pull out some reserves. got started late like 9am got speeding ticket going from the house to the inlet 35 in 25 so that pushed fishing back to 9:30 fished inlet til two hours before the low then move around front not five minutes got a 30 3/4" fish on clam hi/lo step pop got a 29" an hour later. Lost one other keeper sized fish. So I stayed in that spot all Friday never hit my spot from last week so I decided to stay another nite so I could fish (hoping weather permitted) from dawn till 12pm then go home. Got started late again! Was on my spot by 7:30am not 15 minutes and I got a short but really heavy and fat 26". 20 mintues later got a 34 1/4" fish. Bout 15 minutes later got another short (not measured) 24". But the time of high tide conditions were getting pretty bad (well for the softies) but I stuck it out and action kept up two runs with no hookup and one hook up getting off in the wash. Sure glad I stayed. Step pop Stayed sleep and was mad when he woke up!
Getting pretty nasty out here but still fishable for the hardliners! Only for the moment!!! It's already tearing the beach up right now.
Well I'll c it next week back down on thurs nite!
Again I can't wait.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:00 AM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

have no idea what the beach looks like i'm sure it got nice and tore up. The west winds r a blast to surf fish in on my way tomorrow hope to have good report for u guys. Hard to find fresh bait though. Water temps after this next week and a half will push fish out soon now. I would like one more trip after this weekend so let's hope! I went hard every weekend in the fall from mid. Oct. I really don't want it to end.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:39 PM
Official Member

anything going on in north wildwood? been planing a trip down but didnt want to get skunked.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:00 AM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Surf report sea isle city got down there Thurs nite Friday got 3 skates 1 striper 18". Saturday hit the beach again great structure loads of baitfish and sand-eels but no bass. Moved to Townsend inlet me and my buddy Tim teamed up on a 25" striper (he was away from his rod so I set the hook he pulled him in I got it out the water---teamwork lol) then we winterized his big boat then hit the back bay with eels. Had two pickups no hookups. Hit my spot on the beach again around 3:30am Sunday got my first night time stripers 29" and 3 shorts around 23". Winds shifted to the east and action ended and I headed home before the storm. Still loads of bait around in the bay and beaches so hopefully bass still around next week. Water temps r dropping fast bay was 44 degrees and beach was 47 it's about over but I'm a try one more weekend.****South jersey has lots of baitfish around bass r still lagging behind the main schools fresh bait is key I had none and it was tuff going but no doubt if I had fresh clam or bunker the numbers would have been alot better. I'm a give it another weekend plus hey compared to the 19 degree and 35 mph winds I was in one nite next weekends 40 degree weather looks like a heat wave lol it was blowin hard and cold all this weekend but u can't catch'em if u not tryin. Next week.........
Old 12-19-2009, 01:02 AM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

field report sea isle. Just came in from the cold. I look like I was an Eskimo. Warm and snugly!
Did manage two shorts aprox 20-23" I was kind of worried the fish would go into shock from being in the bitter cold air but it looked like they were fine.. I love harsh conditions. No keeper yet but I love it and I'm trying to soak it all in in case I call it quits finally. The wife can't wait, she was a charm, since I was gone every weekend alone since mid October. Lol! Gong back out in couple hours. Couldn't get fresh bait so I'm using live cherry stone and little necks, jus putting a bunch on a hook and wrapping wit dental floss. My beach still looks better than any others so we shall c. I can't wait for the storm couple hours seas already turning up I love fishing the onset. Tight lines.