Jersey Shore Reports for 2009 - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New Jersey
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Jersey Regional discussion, news and reports for striped bass fishing in New Jersey

Old 06-14-2008, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Jersey Shore Reports

Nice improv skills!! Congratulations. Believe me its not cool being "hooked for life", I literally had the shakes today at work knowing what is going on out there. Back at it tomorrow and Monday though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2008, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed White View Post
P but the coast was alive with fish and fishermen.
I think the term is Mob Scene !!

Today was tough in Monmouth County. Lots of bunker but they stayed just out of range and by the look of the schools nothing was actively chasing them. That didn't in any way dissuade the massive crowds of boardwalk fishermen.
I managed to scrape out one teen size fish blind casting the end of a jetty. When I got off my rock to land the fish 5 illegals literally raced each other to jump in my spot .

I vote yes for the saltwater license and I want it to be expensive !
Old 06-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Striper Hunter

The only 2 I managed during that all out boil in the water. The bigger one is the first stiper I've ever caught. As you can see, I wasn't ready for the picture, lol.

Advertisement

Old 06-15-2008, 06:36 PM

We managed two today, one around 30 and the other pushing 40. Both released. At around 2:00 after we switched to fluking, bass started rolling on the surface. I threw out a head and got smashed but missed it, then I looked over my shoulder to see some pretty ominous clouds so we called it a day, the storm hit us just as we entered the inlet. We'll have another go tomorrow.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:41 PM
First Mate

I took my old man for about 3 hours and had some heads floating and didn't get a single hit. At about 1 o'clock I looked over and saw some pretty mean lookin clouds and headed in. just as I tied my boat to the dock it started coming down, HARD. it looked like the storm was headed in your direction...
Old 06-15-2008, 10:55 PM
Official Member

I went out Friday, the 13th on a charter. We ran down to some rocks where there were reports recently, and didn't see a single thing except 25 other boats that must have read the same reports. After an hour of dunkin noggins with nothing we ran back up to a couple shoals and drifted with nothing but dogfish and skates. Oh well.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:38 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

all the fish are close to shore where the bait is. the beaches are getting blitzed daily and big bunker are being driven to the shoreline as the fish now know the HUGE pods of spearing/rainfish/sandeels are congregating. i so wish i was able to get some flyfishing in. these are the days i dream of.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimno1 View Post
wish i was able to get some flyfishing in. these are the days i dream of.
Me too, call me if you want to go hit that grassy spot with the outflow we looked at.
Any night this week except tonight is good
Old 06-20-2008, 08:42 AM

Tough fishing last night as NOAA got it wrong again. Instead of a light west wind we had a steady SE, drift was FAST! Any way we lost two (one to the uni snell) and got 1 that was 25# on the Boga. She was released.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0563.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	6490  
Old 06-20-2008, 09:49 AM
First Mate

I'm so jealous
Old 06-23-2008, 12:29 PM
LunkHead

I was away most of last week, but I was able to get back to the beach Friday evening, looked around for a while before I finally just picked a spot and walked on to a jetty, short while later a boat drifts by with 2 guys snagging bunker that were not showing, a couple of cast at the backside of where they were, and an 18 #'er hits the beach. Now, as the boat and the pod start to drift out of casting range, I begin to see splashes in there, and decide to call in my buddy with the boat, we went out, found some happy bunker to snag, but never did find the fish again.....Howling south wind too, took the kids to the beach the next day and the water was coooold........shrinkage cold.

"An Evil Barbarian with a Wrench in His Pocket......"

Old 06-23-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed White View Post
Howling south wind too, took the kids to the beach the next day and the water was coooold........shrinkage cold.
I'm thinking all the south/SE wind has probably sent that large school of Chesapeake fish that were blitzing our beaches packing. (after the slaughter that took place that's probably a good thing for the future of the fishery)
There should still be the isolated small blitz or two but it should be slowed up enough that the hordes of boardwalk fishermen should substantially thin out.

Almost time for road trips to The End !!
Old 06-23-2008, 11:09 PM
LunkHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
I'm thinking all the south/SE wind has probably sent that large school of Chesapeake fish that were blitzing our beaches packing. (after the slaughter that took place that's probably a good thing for the future of the fishery)
There should still be the isolated small blitz or two but it should be slowed up enough that the hordes of boardwalk fishermen should substantially thin out.

Yeah, what a difference a week makes, When I left Jersey there were 10 kabillion fisherman driving up and down Ocean Ave with their binoculars in one hand and their cell phone in the other hand, scouting for the next school of bunker. ( For purposes of truthfullness I admit that I was one of them.) While out before the storm yesterday it was hard to find another fisherman, much less one that was actually fishing.
Unless another shot of fish makes it's way back in sometime soon, I guess it's fluke season.
As far as trips to The End, Ohhh, doesn't that sound nice, but I'll probably have to wait till the Fall.

"An Evil Barbarian with a Wrench in His Pocket......"

Old 06-23-2008, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post

I agree, and in a way I'm glad they got out. I was getting sick of seeing people outside baitshops trying to give fish away after they weighed them in. Not to mention getting run over by pleasure cruisers full of families chasing after pods of bunker.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:22 AM
Lunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech43 View Post
I'm so jealous
ME TOO