Jersey Shore Reports for 2009 - Page 19 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New Jersey
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Jersey Regional discussion, news and reports for striped bass fishing in New Jersey

Old 03-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Jersey Shore Reports for 2009

Another week or so, you should be seeing some big bass pushing up the coast to spawn in the Hudson River. My brother was fixing docks about 30 miles up the river and said the shore fishermen and some of the Boat Club guys were taking schoolies just south of Croton Point today. By April 1 the first pod, school of wave of mature bass will be getting close to Catskill Creek, 120 miles north of the Verazanno Bridge and Sudsy that's put them 137 miles north of you on the Hook. They are a commin!

I raised my family in Highlands and Atlantic Highlands for 20 years and miss it for the fishin and duck hunting.

Gunning broad bills on the deep side of "sand island" just east of the north side of the Oceanic Bridge and and catching a boat load of 2 pound bluefish drifting the channel in the Shrewsbury just outside Blackberry Bay Cove with my two boys, On Father's Day are my fondest memories of the area.

Tinboating from the Monmouth Beach Club got your blood pumping and catching fish at the Shrewsbury rocks in minutes. That was 35 years ago for me, and I still get a far away look and a big smile when it comes to mind.

You are living in Heaven Sudsy.

One of my sons graduated from MAST on Sandy Hook 25 years ago and is now a VP of Operations for a Steamship Company in Sydney, Aus.

I'm headed your way in July. I fish trout in PA and the Catskills in April, the Hudson for stripers most of May, RI and Cape Cod for stripers and bluefish in June. By the time I get ot you, I'll be ready for Raritan Bay and Sandy Hook.

006 this one is for you semper Fi. Brother.

They told (us) to open up the Embassy, or "we'll blow you away." And then they looked up and saw the Marines on the roof with these really big guns, and they said in Somali, "Igaralli ahow," which means "Excuse me, I didn't mean it, my mistake".
Karen Aquilar, in the U.S. Embassy; Mogadishu, Somalia, 1991

Any questions? No? Good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Lunker

sat nigth out going cold as hell. nomoco nada
friday nigth north bergan county 2 fish on the fly
shity phone pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	208.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	10095  
Old 03-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC View Post
Another week or so, you should be seeing some big bass pushing up the coast to spawn in the Hudson River. My brother was fixing docks about 30 miles up the river and said the shore fishermen and some of the Boat Club guys were taking schoolies just south of Croton Point today. By April 1 the first pod, school of wave of mature bass will be getting close to Catskill Creek, 120 miles north of the Verazanno Bridge and Sudsy that's put them 137 miles north of you on the Hook. They are a commin!

I raised my family in Highlands and Atlantic Highlands for 20 years and miss it for the fishin and duck hunting.

Gunning broad bills on the deep side of "sand island" just east of the north side of the Oceanic Bridge and and catching a boat load of 2 pound bluefish drifting the channel in the Shrewsbury just outside Blackberry Bay Cove with my two boys, On Father's Day are my fondest memories of the area.

Tinboating from the Monmouth Beach Club got your blood pumping and catching fish at the Shrewsbury rocks in minutes. That was 35 years ago for me, and I still get a far away look and a big smile when it comes to mind.

You are living in Heaven Sudsy.

One of my sons graduated from MAST on Sandy Hook 25 years ago and is now a VP of Operations for a Steamship Company in Sydney, Aus.

I'm headed your way in July. I fish trout in PA and the Catskills in April, the Hudson for stripers most of May, RI and Cape Cod for stripers and bluefish in June. By the time I get ot you, I'll be ready for Raritan Bay and Sandy Hook.

006 this one is for you semper Fi. Brother.

They told (us) to open up the Embassy, or "we'll blow you away." And then they looked up and saw the Marines on the roof with these really big guns, and they said in Somali, "Igaralli ahow," which means "Excuse me, I didn't mean it, my mistake".
Karen Aquilar, in the U.S. Embassy; Mogadishu, Somalia, 1991

Any questions? No? Good!
Nice quote....actually have a friend that fought over there..what a mess that was! (there are several guys on here that unlike myself actually served overseas that deserve a Semper Fidelis shout more than myself) Byran L, GunnySniper are the ones that come to mind but there are others.

Surfnut; thats not a bad start to the season especially on the fly....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Striper Hunter

and the skunk comes again... fished RB last night from 7 pm till 1 am... clams the whole deal... not a single bite... beach was packed with people, prob around 40 people or so no hits or anything... hopefully the warmer weather we should be gettin this week will make next weekend a tad bit better... hope some of u had better luck
Old 03-28-2009, 09:14 PM

Banged em good today!!!!

Too
bad it was only little pickerel back in some cedar ponds
Old 03-28-2009, 09:18 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

lol.......

Old 03-30-2009, 04:39 PM
Official Member

Thumbs up Re: Jersey Shore Reports for 2009

fished rb today hard wnw wind alot fishermen had four fish 26 -27 inches an saw four other fish no keeper one of mine 27and half,fised 830am-12 will tryagin tues.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:49 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

cliffwood beach as well. where are you ed?

Old 03-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Lunker

rb friday nigth couple fish on clams
sat nigth got em good

hackey sat moring 1 fish on the fly and lost my phone in the drink
sunday moring on the hackey nada

oh yeah alot of bunker around friday nigth
Old 03-31-2009, 03:00 PM
Striper Hunter

glad to see people had better luck.... i was at <Deleted - Spotburn ~ Sudsy> and had no luck friday night :(

I realize it was only a skunk report but let's not get into a habit of being too spot specific, especially places that are already a zoo - no point in making em worse, that's how we lose fishing areas. Just the "Bayshore" is fine ~ Sudsy
Old 03-31-2009, 06:37 PM

By the way guys, due to the spotburning by a local tackle shop and a particular website there is no longer any parking at Cliffwood after dark, both top and bottom areas. If you park after dark you will get ticketed and you might get towed.

For that matter there is a push by the police departments all along the bayshore to crackdown on fishermen leaving garbage, making noise, illegally parking, taking shorts (all the crap that's been going on for the past few weeks)

IMHO, it's about time !

FWIW, it might be a good idea not to be fishing near any large amounts of trash. There have been a large number of littering tickets given out, particularly at a town who's name begins with U, and I can see where a cop might have trouble differenciating who's trash was who's and giving out $250 tickets to a few innocent bystanders just because they were fishing by someone else's pile of garbage.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:07 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

just found out that my buddy howie "ranger" didn't get his transfer to get to be near his family. this was a disturbing thing to hear as i really was rooting for that for him. but am sooooooooooo glad now as he is bitter like you would not believe and say's "i am gonna be on the warpath" and especially in south shore of staten island. he is gonna get litterers/shorts/radios/fires/drinkers/auto's/loud bikers/trespassers/etc. i would not wanna be the airhead who gets caught with a short over here. there will be a maximum fine imposed at every court date you can rest assured on that. he is one of the most consiensious and slick rangers i have seen. sneaky to a fault. love it...

Old 04-01-2009, 09:22 AM
Striper Hunter

first off sorry for spot burning!!! didnt realize i did it... secondly the beach was filthy friday night... people litterally left all their sh*t on the beach... it was disgusting... hope these crackdows make it more memorable and enjoyable for those who do follow and respect the rules/locals
Old 04-01-2009, 05:43 PM
LunkHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimno1 View Post
cliffwood beach as well. where are you ed?
I'm right here......
Have not gotten out yet, but I did break out the bait rods yesterday to have a look at them, made myself a new stainless steel and pvc rod spike, and I'm looking forward to getting out there. Probably not this weekend, I have plugs and projects to get done, but next week I am putting the wife and kids on a plane, and will not see them for 10 days. Just me and the dog......
And I will definitely begin my season that weekend, getting stinky with the clams.

"An Evil Barbarian with a Wrench in His Pocket......"

Old 04-01-2009, 06:00 PM
LunkHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
By the way guys, due to the spotburning by a local tackle shop and a particular website there is no longer any parking at Cliffwood after dark, both top and bottom areas. If you park after dark you will get ticketed and you might get towed.
I look forward to fishing around there every Spring, and have to say that the beaches to the west of where I fish looked like mayhem, big fires, and lots of drinking going on almost all the time. Lots of noise.....I hope to avoid trouble there when I go, but knuckleheads will always cause trouble for the rest of us, that's life, and it sucks.

Ah well, April 25th I get to invade zimnoland.

"An Evil Barbarian with a Wrench in His Pocket......"