log books - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic. Saltwater and freshwater surfcasting. Plugging, Bait dunking and boating

Old 02-02-2010, 08:13 PM
Official Member

Question log books

hey all was wondering what everybody use to keep there logs. i use a notebook have been looking for down loadable templates all fresh water any sites that you know about.all the sports stores by me sell fresh water ones. looking for saltwater our should just keep using notebooks. if anybody nows were i can get one please let me now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Default Re: log books

if you write things down.. you remember them a whole lot better. but in years past. when you see the same situation forming and weather/water temp/wind/all align like 2005 did this time of season? those days you fished and caught so many fish can mirror the coming days and put you at an advantage. fish don't readily do everything the same every year. but.... in certain conditions, in certain locations, they will almost always behave in a similar manner. you cannot possibly recall every aspect of what june 3rd on the moon was like at that same tide in 1999 when you had a banner night. some of the things i have written down were on my arm. inside a coffee cup. things i wanted to remember but now i use my cell phone or camera to record what i want to remember. at the very least, you will want to know every aspect of what it was the night you had your best fishing. this goes for worst possible conditions and skunkings. you won't want to see those conditions in your area if after trial and error, you are stumped and left skunked and dejected. hope this helps