New to this site Need Buzzards Bay Info - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 02-06-2007, 07:06 AM
Official Member

Default New to this site Need Buzzards Bay Info

Hello to all the folks on this site.I was told this site might be able to help me out.I'm planning a trip this summer to Buzzards Bay area to fish for Large Black Sea bass.I need info about the area,like location of boat ramps,Good food,Bait and tackle shops,and a cheap hotel.Any input would be appriciated.If anyone needs info on the Delaware Bay I'll be glad to help.Thanks in advance.Bay Invader
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2007, 04:25 PM
Official Member

Default Re: New to this site

I was under the impression this site had a few people on from Massachusettes.I guess I was mistaken.Thanks anyway.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:45 PM

Default Re: New to this site

They're in winter hiding mode Bay man.
Maybe they missed your post. Theres a few guys who hunt in Buzzards Bay. Welcome anyways.

Maybe if I move your post to the New England forum you'll get a bite.

Last edited by Striperjim; 02-21-2007 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Thread copied from Saltwater forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2007, 08:00 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Default Re: New to this site Need Buzzards Bay Info

Were all hibernting in our caves for the winter... not much going on right now, a little smelt fishing, a little ice fishing and alot of plug building.... welcome to the sight...
Old 02-22-2007, 09:00 AM

Welcome.

Yes it's quiet in here cause we're all depressed..........

I fish Buzzards Bay but on the other side so I won't have a lot of the info you want. That being said, IMO the best tackle shop is Red Top. Treat them with respect and they will do the same. They are located on Main St of Buzzards Bay.

Nick's House of Pizza is AWESOME!
Krua Thai is very good.

Good luck.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:57 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

if you like camping try the bourne scenic park, i have stayed there the past few years and i love it...tons of bait shops along rt 6/28 and a few boat launches too. makos bait and tackle has a boat ramp, bourne marina (near the maritime academy) and im sure there are a few others im not aware of. my home away from home in the spring and fall is anywhere and everywhere along the canal. oh the herring run hotel is a good fishermans sleep spot and some good shore fishing near there too. i know my uncle does sea bass in the west end near the academy...a stones throw from both bourne marina and makos.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:52 AM
First Mate

Another note that may be of interest is that Buzzards Bait, the old Budd's, is open 24 hours for part of the season. Or was last year.

I just checked and there website is something else now. It may mean nothing. But is worth checking out if you are not limited to fishing during daytime hours.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:38 PM
First Mate

I was down that way over the weekend, Budd's still had product inside so they may not have gone out of business. I hope not.

I stopped into RedTop though and they were very cool, I must say.

The Bourne Scenic Park? Jimi4290 I am on the other side of the fence there, much of the season. Physically. Looks nice. A good basecamp, I am sure. As I am right there too.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:52 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

at least one week each year either the whole family or just my son and i will camp there. very good family camping experience. the staff there are really helpful and nice, well worth the extra few bucks per night over the state run crap hole if you continue east. buds, now buzzards is my favorite night fishing shop as well...no where else have i been able to pull in @ 2am and get some eels. for me the canal is a two hour drive, so its cool to be able to leave the house late at night and still get live bait to fish the witching hours. i will make at least 7or8 trips in the spring and the same in the fall, once the big fish are in the river its north for me...a shorter drive and hopes of leftover cows that roc didnt have time for. lol.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:11 AM
First Mate

I hear that. I find the drive seems longer than it is for me. Once I get there, I nap between tides.

I tend to fish through the night. I love having the place to myself. Low Tide and a New Moon are probably my favorite time. But who doesn't have one of those.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:07 PM

Talking Re: New to this site Need Buzzards Bay Info

I Have Been Fishing Buzzards Bay For Over 20 Yrs.you Want Black Rock Bass.june & July Best Times, Squid Is The Preferred Bait.m&d Bait Shop On Main St In Wareham Across From Tobey Hospital.acomodations Buttermilk Bay Motel On Cranberry Hway Reasonable Rates.BOAT RAMPS THERE ARE TWO ONE IS TEMPEST KNOB IN WAREHAM AND THE OTHER IS MARION ON MAIN ST I Have Been Going To My Primary Spot For Years Which Is..........ah But That's Another Story.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkin95 View Post
I Have Been Fishing Buzzards Bay For Over 20 Yrs.you Want Black Rock Bass.june & July Best Times, Squid Is The Preferred Bait.m&d Bait Shop On Main St In Wareham Across From Tobey Hospital.acomodations Buttermilk Bay Motel On Cranberry Hway Reasonable Rates.BOAT RAMPS THERE ARE TWO ONE IS TEMPEST KNOB IN WAREHAM AND THE OTHER IS MARION ON MAIN ST I Have Been Going To My Primary Spot For Years Which Is..........ah But That's Another Story.
Well ,tell us another story. Where ready. Just kidding. but thats the right info.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:55 PM

Cool Re: New to this site Need Buzzards Bay Info

41.39.27 x 70.44.42 WHEN YOU GET THERE YOU WILL HEAR THE BELLS OF SAINT MARY LADDY.