Feild Testing My Plugs - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Plugs and Plug Building
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Plugs and Plug Building This is our lure and plug building forum.

Old 03-27-2006, 11:36 AM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

Default Feild Testing My Plugs

i went to a local lake yesturday and threw a few of my plugs in to see what they would do. for the most part i think i did pretty well. out of ten different body shapes i tested one casted really bad and one other casted ok. the rest casted really smooth. it was very windy, which is what i was looking for. as far as action most of them seemed to do what i had expected. the poppers popped, some better than others, and the swimmers did swim, not all in a straigt line however the action changed depending on the speed of my retrieve with all the swimmers. the true test will be soon. oh, more pics of lures comming soon. thanks, jim.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2006, 03:15 PM

Ah, but did the poppers swim and the swimmers pop??
And yes, I'm serious.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:20 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

not really sure what you mean, some of the poppers were really smooth pushing a good amount of water, a few walked side to side, which i was happy to see. two of the top water poppers were a little to heavy, they pushed very little water but had a pretty good wounded fish action, kind of all over the place when retrieved fast, a little better on a slow retreive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2006, 07:49 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Jimi,
you'll know in about 45 days how well they work, bottom line is weather they catch fish or not... if they swim, wobble or look like they dont belong.. they'll catch fish....doesn t matter how pretty or ugly they are it's all in the deception of weather it looks like something that a bass might want to eat.... something to consider, they will swim/act slightly different in the brine than they do in fresh water, they will be a tad more boyant in the salt than they are in the sweetwater...
good luck!

Roc