New guy here how is the jersey city, bayonne area - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Hudson River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Hudson River The mighty Hudson River reports information and Discussion

Old 03-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Official Member

Default New guy here how is the jersey city, bayonne area

Hey guys, i been here ofter to read the forums but this is my first post. Im hearing alot about herring but i have never seen them, do they not come to this area? when the bunker come i always see them but never herring. Can the herring be caught from shore in this area? I also notice it seems the first sight of the bass here was friday and not much after that. When should we expect them here? I must say the fall run was not as good as the year before and im hoping this spring will be good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: New guy here how is the jersey city, bayonne area

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee07305 View Post
Hey guys, i been here ofter to read the forums but this is my first post. Im hearing alot about herring but i have never seen them, do they not come to this area? when the bunker come i always see them but never herring. Can the herring be caught from shore in this area? I also notice it seems the first sight of the bass here was friday and not much after that. When should we expect them here? I must say the fall run was not as good as the year before and im hoping this spring will be good
The JC area and Bayonne have been producing bass for 2 weeks now, tons of shorts but they are there for the catching, get out there and enjoy the early run, its only going to get wayyyy better.