Jones Beach fishing pier? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New York
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New York New York Bight - Raritan Bay - North and South Shore - Eastern Long Island -Captree - Shinnecock - Moriches - Montauk - Jamaica Bay - Staten Island - Western Sound - Long Island Sound The Hudson River

Old 07-26-2010, 10:05 AM
Official Member

Default Jones Beach fishing pier?

I hear that JHones beach has piers to fish from. Is this true and where are they located? I have been to Jones more times then I can remember and don't rememgber seeing a pier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Official Member

Default Re: Jones Beach fishing pier?

The Jones Beach fishing piers are located by field #10, you take the same entrance that you would to get to the Nikon/Jones Beach Concert Theater, just follow the signs to the turnaround that read: Fishing Piers. The Piers are located on the south side of Jones Inlet, 1/4 mile east of the Meadowbrook bridge. They consist of 3 large piers. There is also a bait & tackle shop located behind the piers, next to an ample parking area. Parking fee is $10.00 unless you have an empire pass. From dusk to dawn you must display the night fishing permit in your vehicle dashboard. There are also bathroom facilities located in the same building as the tackle shop, and there is also a saltwater hose hooked-up onto the pier in front of the shop. At night the piers & parking area are both provided with plenty of lite. There is also a kayak launch located to the far right of the piers, as you enter the parking lot entrance. Tight Lines & Enjoy
Old 07-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Official Member

Thanks I appreciate the info. I will post report of my fishing trip to the piers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Striper Hunter

I live on Long Island, and have never gone there. I've done all my fishing from friend's boats or party boats. I'm going to give that pier a try real soon. I read it's also good for crabbing!