The Bay - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 07-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Veteran Elite

Default The Bay

Just got back from the Maine gathering, WHAT A GREAT TIME!! Saw the Tragically Hip on Monday (still beat from the fishing). Heading to THE BAY tomorrow!! Going to catch that 45.3' tide Friday at 02:14 am.Let's see who's cruising, maybe some cows!! Hey Dobb haven't heard from you are you still around? Looking to get something going in Aug at THE BAY, check the tides "LET'S do THE BAY" see you Bluenosers soon. Wild Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2008, 03:24 AM

Default Re: The Bay

Yeah, I'm still around Dave,,been hitting the Bay once a week,,not much action for me. I generally see one or two keeper size per tide,,out of 10-15 people. A few small ones and very few between 16-24 in. I would say it looks like a down turn in stripers in the next few yrs, compared to 4-5yrs ago. Herring seems to be the bait of choice right now. Good luck and let me know when in Aug your coming over.
Dobb
Old 07-05-2008, 09:15 AM
Striper Hunter

Manage to land any bass on Thrusday Dave?
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Veteran Elite

Two schoolies,and another one about 33" ...but only two inch in dia. and slimy and a skate.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:41 AM

Was down yesterday, landed one 27 in,,7lbs,,released her. Lost a nice one when we first got there, was out on the mud fishing the incoming tide,,wouldn'd be 2 feet of water when it grabbed the bait. Made four runs, got the line back each time,,last one came in to about a foot of water, when it turned and popped the hook. I'd guess about 34-36 inches by what I'd seen sticking out of the water. Heading back down today, maybe he'll bite again today..
Dobb
Old 07-07-2008, 05:05 PM
Striper Hunter

Hey Dobb do you fish Highland Village area?
Old 07-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Veteran Elite

Good stuff Dobb... that's what we need is more people releasing. A couple a year for the table is all a fellow needs, would love to see a population of 40"++ in the Bay. Hey Jeff we should plan a week end at highland village in Aug., I COULD ROUND UP A FEW ISLANDERS FOR THAT!!! I'll check the tides. Wild Dave
Old 07-08-2008, 03:17 AM

Yeah JC7222,,I generally fish in Highland Village. The road that takes you way in on the dyke is where I go. Was down again Sunday,,I got one 25in,,wife got one 24in and one 26in.
Dobb
Old 07-08-2008, 04:58 PM
Striper Hunter

I proly have fished with you before. Do you go with your grandson sometimes also? Thats where I do most of my fishing by the dyke there, but this year I havnt even bother there are way too many people around this year. Going have to start going to Economy.
For sure Dave just give me a date and if Im around I'll go. Going ahve to go out 4 hours before high tide to beat the rush at that spot
Also Dobb I will be heading out either tomorrow or Thrusday after work. Going to be around?
Old 07-09-2008, 05:05 AM

I generally don't go after work, don't get home till 5:20, usually am quite filthy, hungry and tired. We get up at 4 AM so we try to get to bed by 9:00PM. I don't have any grandkids,,although my daughter has one in the oven,,. You must be fishing at the dyke out by the road,,its usually crowded there. Go in the next road which goes out farther,,must be a half mile of beach to fish from. Generally there is room there to set up and fish.
Dave ,,let me know when you're coming over and I'll try to get down to see ya again. August is pretty busy for me this year,,but I'll try.
Dobb
Old 07-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Striper Hunter

Only been out twice this year and both times they have been that area you fish on. On Saturday did you notice the massive fish jumpin around pretty far out? Coulda been seals also. I will be heading out this weekend, but I wanna get out around 4-5 hours before high tide so I can get my spot back heh.
Have to work on Saturday so will be evening tide that day and AM on Sunday
Maybe see ya there
Old 07-10-2008, 03:19 AM

I'll probaly get the morning tide on Saturday,,Sunday I'm going to a 3-D Bow shoot in Oxford. They say the big fish jumping way out are sturgeon, they're big whatever they are, on a calm hot day you can really see them.
Dobb
Old 07-14-2008, 07:00 PM
Striper Hunter

Holy smokes Dobb did you have as much luck as we did on Saturday? Four of us went out and we each got 2 keepers one friend of mine got 6 with 3 over 30". There was a TON of people out and pretty much everyone and their dog got a keeper we didnt keep any becasue of so many fish kept that day. All the fish where caught within an hour of the first one caught. Was a massive school passing by.Than on Sunday I hooked into something that didnt even stop pullin out line until it took it all heh no clue what that sucker was.
This weekend I'll wear my Stripers 24/7 hat and maybe we can meet up. Tide times are at a bad time this whole week so wont be out until the weekend.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:20 AM

I was down Saturday AM for a couple of hrs,,not even a nibble. You must 've been on the evening tide,,sounds like I missed a good one to fish.
Probaly won't fish this Saturday as there is a washer toss tournament,,,Hope to make it on Sunday. I fish about 100yds up from where the cars start to park ,,use a 12ft pole and always have on my 24/7 hat,,
Dobb
Old 07-15-2008, 05:55 AM
Veteran Elite

Sounds like the Bay is turning on!!! Aaron and the boys are heading over on Friday and I'm heading to Plum Island and Maine for a week. Good luck and tight lines, see you guys in Aug.