this past weekend i got a call from a friend and aquired a few goodies..and some possible junk. i know nothing about old reels...accept the ones that dont allow me to crank with my right hand are useless to me...so if any of these are worth something....im open for trade ideas...im in need of a reel for a lami gunny is bulding me.
heres the list left to right, top to botom of what the reels are labeled.
1. saumon-LUXOR-mer PEZON et MICHEL made in france(it seems to be in working order, but in need of a good cleaning and possible resto)
2. RODDY 944 (seems like an old googan reel..a no name penn or mitchell knock off..but its suprisingly in great working order and seems well built)
3.PENN 650ss..(this one i know is worth cleaning up..and the handle can be put where it belongs...ON THE RIGHT SIDE..it may be too small for the rod gunny is building though.)
4.revelation holiday v1465 (at first i thought is was another penn or mitchell knock off..but then i found the stamping engineered and developed by daiwa on it)
1.langley streamlite (small freshwater baitcaster type)
2. ocean city no.998 ( very simillar to the langley)
3. shakespeare 2155
4. ocean city no. 162 (this is the only reel with damage, the side plate oposite the handle is busted and the frame is bent..but it still works smooth..a good parts reel.
5. abu 5500 c3 (i know what this reel is...i got just the lmb rod for it
ROW 3 the next two i think are fly reels...but one is set up to mount sideways.....
1. martin automatic 48a
2. wolverine no 1695 model e
aside from the reels i ended up with a few old rebel salt water lures, a cordell big o, a 7 3/4" mackeral pattern plug with "old pal" raposa deep swimmer stamped on the lip, and a few heddon fresh water lures and last but not least...."soon to be confirmed" an 11' 3" lami "honey" rod..that i will be bringing to gunny real soon for further inspection and a rewrap.
everything i ended up with was owned by my friends father in law who recenty died in his late eighties...i have no idea how long he had any of this stuff.