is anyone fishing lures much? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Hudson River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Hudson River The mighty Hudson River reports information and Discussion

Old 05-07-2018, 10:24 AM
Official Member

Default is anyone fishing lures much?

I fish the housy in CT a lot because its more confined and while sandowrms and blodworms work from the boat we just fish lures...mostly white jigs and softplastics with sp minnows being good , especially this past week. I d like to fish the hudson again, but never had luck with lures just bait.... wondering if there is a go to combo thats seems to work for often than not.....i know fishing is dynamic. But here it seems all the reports are bait fishing... last friday it was sluggos, fin s fish , jigs to 3/4 oz and SP Minnows that all worked on fish to 34 ".
i think the hudson is going to the place to catch bigger fish, so id like to hit it but i want to be geared up for lure fishing. Thanks

bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2018, 12:40 PM
Striper Hunter

Yes, topwater over shallow flats spoons etc and trolling/casting with f18 rapala or similar. Especially once the water gets above 55