Tidal Marsh Streams: how small is TOO small? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic. Saltwater and freshwater surfcasting. Plugging, Bait dunking and boating

Old 05-27-2012, 10:17 AM
Official Member

Default Tidal Marsh Streams: how small is TOO small?

I was driving around with a sleeping baby yesterday and noticed that there were several small tidal streams filling up as the tide was coming in. No more than ten or twenty feet across and maybe ten feet deep and leading to no-where.

Theoretically, small fish chord be coming in there to feed off bugs and worms and stuff and med. fish could be in there and big fish chasing the med fish.

Practically, what's the odds? These spots are attractive to me because I can just stop the car and fish with the baby in his seat. And because no one else is fishing them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 02:43 PM
(formerly brian21johansen)

Default Re: Tidal Marsh Streams: how small is TOO small?

Without a pic or knowing the area you are talking about its hard to tell.

Ill say this though...over the years I have been GREATLY surprised in the areas that ive caught fish.

One area in particular was shown to me by a buddy...."no way in hell are there fish here" i said.

Sure enough, thay was the best night if fishing ive had in a long time!

Give it a try, look for signs of bait & structure and take advantage of the time you have to fish. Even if there arent fish there think on the positive side: you get to work on your casting.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:14 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Grumpy View Post
I was driving around with a sleeping baby yesterday and noticed that there were several small tidal streams filling up as the tide was coming in. No more than ten or twenty feet across and maybe ten feet deep and leading to no-where.

Theoretically, small fish chord be coming in there to feed off bugs and worms and stuff and med. fish could be in there and big fish chasing the med fish.

Practically, what's the odds? These spots are attractive to me because I can just stop the car and fish with the baby in his seat. And because no one else is fishing them.
The only place i see you at after reading this post is the office of child welfare. Leaving a sleeping baby unttended in a car seat while cearly indulging in recreational activity (no matter how many feet away you are is assinine. Please elaborate as i know you to be mr grumpy not mr bonehead :

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2012, 02:41 PM
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimno1 View Post
The only place i see you at after reading this post is the office of child welfare. Leaving a sleeping baby unttended in a car seat while cearly indulging in recreational activity (no matter how many feet away you are is assinine. Please elaborate as i know you to be mr grumpy not mr bonehead :
Well, he "baby" is actually three so...... he's MY baby!
And, yes, the attraction of these streams is that I can literally pull over to the side of the road and lean against the car while I fish, or practice casting.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:47 PM
We'er like seven elevan; we may not be doing business but we'er always open.

How bout this for an example. Essex, MA. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sa...ed=0CBUQ8gEwAA

I'm not blowing up my spot so check it out.