Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

North Shore long Island - Striper/Blue/Fluke Tournament/Fundraiser

5K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Striperjim 
#1 ·
As I have for the last few years, I'm running the fishing tournament out of my firehouse. This year it was re-named for a former member and good friend of mine who passed away suddenly about a year and a half ago. This year, any money made will go directly to benefit a longtime member of our ladies auxiliary. Her and her entire family (father, mother and brother) have spent decades volunteering for my department and my community and really needs our help right now. Anyone interseted in coming, please get in contact with me, all the information is on the flyer listed below.

Tournament is as follows: top 3 in each category win: fluke, blue and stripped bass. I tend to ask all participants to stay on the north shore, but there is really no way I can prove it!

ALSO- We are looking for any businesses that would like to sponsor this years tournament by donating prizes or anything else they can think of. The firehouse is a not for profit agency, therefore any donation is a tax write off. If anyone is interested, or knows someone who is, please contact me, i have a letter that was sent out to the local businesses.

Any questions, please let me know. Thanks so much.

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Striper/Blue/Fluke Tournament/Fundraiser

Hi Mike,
Welcome to the site. Sounds like a good cause. It might be a good idea to let people know where this is located. This forum is read by folks worldwide and I see no mention other than 'north shore' of where this tournament is.

Also, is there a provision for catch & release anglers?

#3 ·

Hi Mike,
Welcome to the site. Sounds like a good cause. It might be a good idea to let people know where this is located. This forum is read by folks worldwide and I see no mention other than 'north shore' of where this tournament is.

Also, is there a provision for catch & release anglers?
It's out of Kings Park (north shore of suffolk, just east of Huntington). But fishing can be done any where on the north shore. I have guys that go out of Huntington, Cold Spring, Port Jeff, etc.

I'm very amateur at understanding catch and release, as in, I don't at all. We just go with the three largest fish caught in each category.

#6 ·

I know... but, if you would have actually looked around here a little before you posted the advertisement for your tourney, you would have seen that we have forums here for striper fishing throughout the entire US, and readership worldwide.

I didn't nix your post, as it is for a worthy cause, but you should know that it is proper to at least ask first before spamming a message board with your tourney on your very first post, and even more proper to participate and contribute for a while first.

#7 ·

I know... but, if you would have actually looked around here a little before you posted the advertisement for your tourney, you would have seen that we have forums here for striper fishing throughout the entire US, and readership worldwide.

I didn't nix your post, as it is for a worthy cause, but you should know that it is proper to at least ask first before spamming a message board with your tourney on your very first post, and even more proper to participate and contribute for a while first.
It wasn't spam. If it was, I would have never bothered coming back, responding to PM's and getting a little bit of an education. Right now, I'm just trying to get the word out about this.

I'm not a fisherman at all, and won't ever claim to be. I just like running my little tournament, and in years past, that's all it was. A little local guys tournament. This year it has become more, and I'm just trying to put the word out. I'm sorry if I didn't have a moment to dissect the website to see where everyone was from.

If you feel need to nix my post, I understand. Obviously this place was a little more than what I expected just posting an advertisement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.