Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Miramichi Stripers

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Butcha 
#1 ·
The numbers in Miramichi this year have been nothing short of amazing. More fish than many people have seen in a long time. I know people who have caught 20 - 30 lb fish. Accidentally of course, since the fishery is closed. We are hoping the fishery will be open to catch and release next year. Gapereau nets are so full of bass, they would normally just pick them out and this year they've had to dump the whole catch and start over. I've seen 500+ fish caught in May by 5 people in only 3 hrs standing on the shore on one section of the Miramichi on one down tide. Simply amazing. All fish were released and everyone was thrilled at the numbers. Late September and still now, BIG fish are breaking (yes breaking) and mangling hooks and snapping line. I wouldnt have believed it, if I hadnt seen it. Very powerful fish.

#2 ·
Ridiculous theres no keeper season!Many of my salmon fishin buddies are sayin the same, time to get the Government to get their heads out of their ass and let us retain fish in all of NB.Belldune is FULL of big Bass!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.