North River :) - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 09-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Striper Hunter

Default North River :)

Fished the N. River this weekend. They were lovin the Mackeral. That was the only thing they would touch. I actually was the only person there from shore who I saw catching anything. I got about 10 schoolies 3 keepers and one crazy shark. The shark was a freakin maniac. He spools me I get all my line back and then tangles himself up in some pilons. Biggest fish I have ever seen felt or heard. That drag was SCREAMING. I was pretty shocked he didn't break the line I had the drag set on the tightest setting and I thought the okuma reel was about to break. Got to get another Shimano.

Side note I kept one of the keepers and the person that cooked it ruined it I WAS PISSED. I'm never ever ever ever letting anyone cook one of my fishies again no thanks.

This was all from the shore....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2006, 02:41 PM
Veteran Elite

Good stuff......I love it when everyone around is catching the SKUNK and I'm pulling up fish....kinda makes you feel good.....What kind of shark was it???? How big?? Did you actually land it? Or just cut the line??
Old 09-05-2006, 04:45 PM

what kind of shark??? What was in the belly of the keeper? thanks I fish the N river area alot & I was also one of the lucky people that got skunked!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Striper Hunter

Well I never actually landed the shark it got tangled up in some pilowns. I met this guy at Belsons Capt Tom something I forget his last name. But he runs this site www.newenglandsharks.com and he told me that the shark I half caught was most likely a sand tiger shark.

My buddy filleted the striper without gutting it so I have no idea what was in tne belly. I would assume baby bunker and silver sides. That is what bait was around. Funny that they would only hit mack and not pogie. Went back on the full moon Wed and didn't do as well. The fish weren't hittin it as hard an hookin up was a bit difficult. We got one fish that might have been a keeper but the hook pulled right when we were getin it in.