Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Tog Rigs

Tags
rigs tog
4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Riddler 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyong tried an all braided rig for fishing for tog? Just wondering if anyone had any luck with them if they tried it. If not I'll give an update as soon as I get down to fish for them.

#3 ·
Green Crabs are the only way to go Tog fishin. simple sinker at the bottom of your line with a hook hanging about 3 inches from that. when they bite, sink that baby and reel him in quick before he goes back under the rock with your rig.

From the master of his domain, Briggs

#4 ·
hahaha kev, as i was reading that i was thinking, "hey, that sounds right" then i read further and found out that i said that hahaha.

3-6 inches will surfice. i started using my braided line for Tautogs 2 seasons ago and its been working just fine. I caught a 10 lb + Tog from shore using braid and it never faultered.

:twisted: craig aka briggs :twisted:

aka surfcastermaster

8) MASTER OF HIS OWN DOMAIN 8)

#6 ·
tautog <blackfish>

u
Striper777 said:
ive used one never caught one though but the guy i was with he was also using it and he caught 2 or 3 fish we didnt fish long thoug just for about 45mins

good luck!
:shock: use a quohog 4 chum old ones from fish markets usually free then hook on the greenies<green crabs cut in half> you`ll catch little ones at first then the bulls will take over have fun

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.