Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Hello from Central alabama

6K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  TideRollin82 
#1 ·
Anyone home? I had forgot i even joined here a couple of years ago but I recently stumbled back across this site and decided to throw up a post to see if anyone was around. It would be nice to talk to other people from around the state to trade fishing reports and what not. My name is rick and i am located a few miles north of montgomery. I fish on the coosa river mostly and alabama river some. I mainly hang out below the dams. I got 3 here pretty close, mitchell dam (my main spot), jordan dam every once in a while, and bouldin dam when and if they ever run water.

I catch 99% of my fish during that special time of spring when the tailrace is loaded with hybrids but i really want to learn more about finding them after that time is over. I can usually catch a couple at the dam most any time of the year but nothing like spingtime. My hope here is that we can get the alabama gang up and going. It sucks to come here and see that nobody has said anything for weeks or months. Whos with me?

#3 ·
yeah it does look like i got it all to myself. If it were only the same way at the dam hahahahaha. Not too many years ago, i had that mostly all to myself too other than a few cat fishermen but that has changed bigtime over the past few years. got to where i wont even go on the weekend anymore because of the crowds of people who have no clue how to get around in that boiling water.

#4 ·
I'm trying to figure things out here in Montgomery...Just got out of the Navy, recently moved from Augusta Ga (Clarks Hill Lake/Lake Russell) back home... Got spoiled fishing those GA lakes and the savannah river for linesides...

Looks like Alabama river, Lake Jordan, and Lake Martin all have healthy Striper populations...only drawback is in GA you can use blueback herring, and you can't in Alabama... Shad are the way to go - - just gotta catch some...

Looking for a fishin buddy with some local experience...2 heads are better than one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.