Tred Barta - get over yourself !!! - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Lounge
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Lounge Off-topic discussion here. Non-fishing related chit chat & banter. No Divisive subject matter - No Viscious Political and Religious debates please.

Old 04-17-2006, 08:07 AM

Default Tred Barta - get over yourself !!!

This guy has to be the biggest a$$ of all TV fishing hosts. I was watching them catch small BFT this weekend. My wife comes in, sits and watches for about 3 minutes, and before she gets up and leaves the room, she comments, "how can anyone fish with that guy...he's so abusive".

Then to top it off, after catching a BFT, he says, "you want reality TV?" he then picks up this chunk of metal and smashes the fish on the head.....blood flying everywhere. Man, I wish he missed and put a hole in the floor of his boat, or better still, hit his own foot.

Time to boycott this moron.

Gives us more even-tempered fishermen a bad rap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2006, 11:06 AM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

i watch salt water sundays with my daughter, and i saw that yesturday too. i found him funny. to me the best humor is when someone makes a complete azz out of him or herself. and yes he seems like a jerk.
Old 04-18-2006, 03:38 AM
Captain Booty

TonyDB, I thought the same thing as you but as I watch him more and more his NUTS to say the least but I if you watch him long enough his very good at what he does!! Makes his own Bow and Arrows and has lot's of kills!! Watch hin alittle more maybe you might change your mind!! His son name is HUNTER !! I still think his NUTS but in a good way!! Have a good DAY!! PS: Very cool CAT!!!
Old 04-18-2006, 06:59 AM

I'm sure he's very good at his craft. It's just the way he treats people that turns me off.

On a good note, seeing his antics will keep me on my best behavior when boating with my wife, friends, and children. As I never want to come across to anyone like he does; not that my wife would ever stand for that crap from me...I'd be chum with my second abusive comment.....she'd at least give me the bennifit of having a bad day and allow one off-comment, I think....but after that, I'd be chum, or at least Tony D'Bum. :)
Old 04-18-2006, 07:29 AM

Which show is he on? Plus I'd be an ***hole too if my name was TRED.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:13 AM

I get him on OLN. I think he has 2 shows, the best and worst of tred berreta and the world of berreta. He does both hunting and fishing.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:22 AM
Pro Staff

I love watching fishing shows,,, and I have watched Tred's show a few times, but I'm with Tony on this one. The guy's antics are pretty disgusting. Makes ya wonder. If he treats people like that when he's on camera, how much hell does he put em through when the camera's not rolling?
Old 04-18-2006, 03:17 PM

I know he's got kids. But, I wonder how many wives he's gone through.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:16 PM
Striper Hunter

I have seen his fishing show on OLN the last two weekends. He is very knowledgeable but his antics shouldn't really be on tv. He is just making the sport look bad. He is so caught up in trying to be perfect and making sure that everyone else is. He doesn't seem to enjoy being on the water, he is out there for the wrong reasons.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:35 PM

Well, he may have got what he wanted, publicity and people talking about him. I've never watched him, but now I want to to see what you all are talking about. Could just be a ratings scam.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:59 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Wow, I thought Tred had some disgraceful production.....

I was watching Larry Csonka's mess of a show earlier on OLN. Wow. 4 or 5 meatballs on a boat, and I think they kept every single fish that hit the side of the boat. The "Gaffer" had a severe over-gaffing problem, and to make it even worse, I heard him yell "take that you dirty rat" as he smashed the fishes head in with a fish billy. Beating and battering the fish, then holding up the bloody remains in "triumph", and then opening the door on the deck to their "storage unit" only to see dozens of fish in a pool of blood. It was funny when they opened it to throw a fish in, and the bloody water splashed up and hit 'em. They kind of just looked at the floor, and closed the door real quick. These are some real classy "fishermen" and "sportsmen".

What a terrible production. I think they need to look at their editing.

Old 05-01-2006, 07:44 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

i do that on my friends boat. yell and scream! don;t do this! don;t do that! if you are fishing and are serious about catching fish then you better learn and learn fast as the fish is gone and it drives me nuts. then i spend time explaining why and how it was lost and laughing at whoever is on deck. some of us get too serious about it

Old 05-01-2006, 08:43 PM

i love tred barta, it is probabley one of my fav shows on t.v. The only reason he shouts orders at people is because he can, if i caught more big-eyed tuna then anyone in the world i may be to, and it isnt complete beginners or strangers that he brings along so its not like he will hurt there feelings he jsut wants it does his way, because it has been sucessful for him in the pst.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:22 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

You'd never see Roland Martin actin' like that.......

And I'd put Roland up against any pro on the planet

Old 05-05-2006, 06:50 AM

Sounds like a match made in heaven....Zim and Stripers777 .

Ah Zim, you try that on my boat and you'd better bring your survival suit.

Jeez, I've been in off-site meetings all week. I missed sparring with you guys.