Lake Ouachita - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Arkansas
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 02-26-2006, 12:37 PM
Official Member

Default Lake Ouachita

I,m going up to Ouachita in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know where I can get an updated fishing report as the ones I,m seeing on this site are from 2004?? Or am I just dumb? I'll be launching at Shangri-La. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2006, 01:19 PM

Hi Bilbo welcome

No your not dumb.
The arkansas dnr posts weekly reports. There are a few from 2005 -06 somewhere but I'd have to search them out for you. We consolidated some forums so they may have been lost in the switch. Check them out here.

Arkansas Agfc weekly fishing Report
ARKANSAS WEEKLY FISHING REPORT
Updated every Wednesday

the link was also in this the landlocked thread.

Lake Ouachita: As of Wednesday, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers reports the lake?s elevation at 569.17 feet MSL.
Moss Point said the lake is a little murkier than usual. Bass are biting fair on Yum Dingers, swimming jigs, buzzbaits and finesse worms in vegetation around 15 to 25 feet deep.
Lake Ouachita State Park Marina said fishing is good. The water is tainted in the bays with a surface temperature of 46 to 49 degrees. The lake is still rising. Anglers have reported decent catches of crappie around the hydrilla lines and drop-offs on Kalin?s jigs in Tennessee Shad John Deer colors. Stripers have been caught in the mornings and afternoons on top-water lures such as the Spook Jr., CC spoons and trolled crankbaits. Brood minnows have worked on stripers as well. C-10 Redfins have been successful on breaking fish

Hope you enjoy the site.