Greenup Monday - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Ohio Stripers and Wipers
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 04-26-2010, 11:40 AM
Official Member

Default Greenup Monday

We caught a few more over the weekend. Adam caught a couple on Redfins and I got some on 3 inch sluggos while they were chasing shiners.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	April26,2010 Hybrid Stripers 002.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	13291   Click image for larger version

Name:	April26,2010 Hybrid Stripers 003.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	13292  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2010, 10:39 AM
Official Member

Default Re: Greenup Monday

Nice fish. I was wondering if I could get a little information out of you. I've just rigged up a boat for trolling for stripers. We've been fishing east fork lake trolling rapalas and catch 12-15 everytime but they are all under 15 inch. How do we catch the big ones. Also we trilled belie meldahl dam and never got a bite. Can you catch striper trolling on the river? Do I need to get right at the tailwater? Got any tips? Thanks alot
Old 05-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Striper Hunter

Nice fish again there Dave. Abomb, I fish East Fork also. That lake is just full of small hybrids. If you get one over 15 inches you are doing pretty good. Last summer my buddy and I trolled Gizz 3 deep divers and caught some nice hybrids. Biggest was a 5 lber. If anyone has any ideas on catching bigger fish consisently I would like to hear too. As for below Meldahl, it can be spotty. My buddy and I were just there two days ago and had to work hard for the few fish we caught. We didnt' get any big hybrids, mostly white bass, skipjack, sauger, crappie, largemouth and a couple small hybrids. We did get some big drum and my buddy hooked a beast that he never got off the bottom. We were using Flitterbaits. You can't get near the dam now. They have the bouys all the way accross the river almost even with the end of the lock wall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Official Member

Thanks for the input monroe. Caught a 20" striper weighed 5 lb on Thursday at east fork on a Shad immitation yozuri trolling. How do you tell between hybrid, striper, and white bass. I am fairly new to striper fishing. As far as meldahl, do they ever move the bouys back up closer to the dam? When trolling on the river which direction is prefered, upstream, down, across? How deep are they and is there a time of year when they hit better? Thanks so much.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Official Member

Nice looking fish Dave.