Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

anyone own the new lami super surf series.

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Striperjim 
#1 ·
#2 ·
2-8 is a bait rod Jim, what are you going to do with that???????:icon_stirthepot::icon_stirthepot::icon_stirthepot::icon_stirthepot::eek:ccasion17:
Just kidding, I can't wait to get down there and throw meat into the water, soon, oh yes, so very soon.
And I finally broke down and bought a Lami last Fall, but it's the Graphite Surf and Jetty series factory rod, like it a lot, but an 8 oz storm sinker would make it go BANG!!!!!!!

#3 ·
Ed the GSB 1201m is rated 4 to 12 and its used for plugging with the sweet spot around 3 and 1/2 oz. Its a versatile boneyard stick thats very popular for plugging with 2 to 4 oz and throwing eels with.

G1000 Surf/Bar

I have the ron arra 1084-2 its fast and light but a very small reel seat.
I also have the graphite surf and jetty XS 101 MS. I agree Great rod, I use it most everywhere.
The St Croix and Breakaway I use for throwing meat.

#4 ·
I haven't touched one yet but I know they are getting raves from a few rodbuilders/guides who were sent some pre-release rods.

#6 ·
I had one in my hands today. Green stick. Very nice. The guides are smaller diameter. Alconite for braid. I compared the two side by side. Solid rod. Seemed a little stiffer but I wouldnt know till i threw something with it. Its a beast of a stick.
Retails around 340.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.