Stolen Van Staal - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > The Striper Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Striper Forum All things Striper. Striped Bass Fishing Room Born on date March 11 2004.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:25 AM
First Mate

Default Stolen Van Staal

My boy Mike had his reel stolen serial #14770 blackvs200.Reward for any info.We have an idea where it is but need help from someone in NY,NJ.That's where it is. Thanks Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2011, 05:00 PM

Default Re: stolen van stall

Doug contact Craig Cantelmo with Van staal and give him the serial number. If someone sends it in to be serviced he can grab it for you.
That's just screwed up.
File a police report too. They have self cleaning kits now for sale so it may never get to VS.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:32 PM
First Mate

Update,through a paper trail it was able to be tracted down.Van Stall and a host of others were contacted.Due to the watchfull eyes of our fellow fishermen and some leads it was located along with the fellow that has it now.Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2011, 08:39 AM
First Mate

Reel is on it's way home.If it wasn't for your help JIM there was no help here.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:07 PM

Yea its kind of amazing we've kept this place from totally tanking.
Guys work and fish, life is priority busy, and these days if your not getting paid for it, why bother?
Im glad your boy got the reel back Doug. At least every once in a while things turn out ok.
Was it a mistake or a straight up theft? .
Old 04-23-2011, 06:05 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Stolen Van Staal

My son Michael hung around with this young man for a few years.They fished together ate supper at table shared tackle with each other.The reel was lent to friend to fish with.They were close.We really don't know why this happened,if he needed something like he had in the past it would have been given to him.He always repaid what was lent to him.You could say it was stolen,i see it as a mistake.Mike still has feelings for him and doesn't want him arrested,hurt or anything bad to happen to his friend.He want's a couple days to get over this then he's going to start thinking how to approach his friend and try to help him.This is something i admire Mike for.He's got depth beyond reach.For some it might be hard to understand,even me.Mike is a person that makes the world a better place.Maby that's why he was so lucky to get the reel back.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:21 AM
Striper Hunter
Pro Staff

Glad to hear everything turned out ok. I don't think i would have been as forgiving as your son. Happy Easter!!!
Old 04-23-2011, 07:41 AM
First Mate

I know what your saying Cap.It takes alot of courage to go against our evil persuasion to do what we think is the thing to do.Forgivness is something we don't know how to do beyond the boundaries of our family.Dangerous teritory but we can function in it.If more people in this world would think things out(not just to there liking)alot more things could turn out better.But still dangerous teratory.Happy Easter
Old 04-23-2011, 07:58 AM
Striper Hunter
Pro Staff

Well said Doug! If i would've been more like Mike i would've made less mistakes in life. I can understand stealing because of hunger and i wouldn't even call that "stealing" but that's where i cross the line. Sounds to me you got a special kid, very rare! God Bless and Happy Easter!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2011, 11:47 AM
Striper Hunter

Doug your boy is a very special person. Many of us react differently because it's easier. He's taking the much harder road which will also be the most rewarding road. A very special person
Old 04-24-2011, 12:22 PM

He was raised by you Doug. Thats why.
It's only a material possession but a pretty expensive one for a kid.
Principle, betrayal and false pride all come into play.
I probably would have acted like an ass to him if it was me, but not have had him arrested.
Glad all is well.

Happy Easter to all you Guys!!!
Old 04-24-2011, 07:52 PM
I had a BLAST!

Location: I'm from Manhattan, live in Ct, & my heart is in SOCO
Smile Re: Stolen Van Staal

I think there is much to be said about someone with a forgiving heart. I can't speak for your son, but I believe there is much gratitude in his heart, to be as forgiving and caring as he is. He will be a very good parent when the time comes. I'm glad all worked out with the reel. I hope the other young man gets on track, otherwise he will surely have a life of confusion, guilt and despair. Not a very good way to live.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:56 AM
First Mate

Jimmy Z,we hope this is a lesson he can learn from.He had shared fishing equipment with Mike back and forth for a long time.I mean everything you name it.We know now what the motivating factor behind this episode was.Pain pills.Steps are now being taken to rid this young man of that evil.He'll come out of it.He is a great kid with a problem.Hope to see him fixed up in the near future.We fished with him all the time.We want the young man back to his original form.We miss the real him.