North Bammy fishin' report - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Alabama Stripers
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 12-06-2004, 09:32 AM

Default North Bammy fishin' report

went saturday morning below wheeler dam...fished the morning with a bud...boated 56 from 4 to 10 lbs. (mostly salts, all on jigs)...no bigguns. :roll:
check the kewl headgear :oops:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2004, 05:53 PM

Nice fish slo-ride.

The middle pic looks like a nice fat hybrid? Hard to tell if the stripes are broken in the pic, anyway nice fish and welcome to the board if I hadnt said that already.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:32 AM

I agree nice pics, it's snowin here right now
Old 12-07-2004, 03:35 AM

Snowin here in the Poconoes too. First storm of the year. thankfully. Ice storm right after. Roads a mess. 4 wheel drive no help in this. Need a Zamboni. Nice to see someone catchin fish, looks a tad cool down there too.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:16 AM
Jigologist

nice fish, and nice looking dam!... do they allow you to fish up close and personal? if so, that's where I'd be parked.. right off the face beside one of those spillways... reminds me of the augusta dam (gone now) ..what a fishing hole that was... use to anchor next to the discharge and hammer 'em on sluggoed jigs (white).. black and white in the white water...

there was an angled area where two straight sides of the dam met at a 30 degree angle or so... they use to stack in there like crazy...

that pic looks erily like he spot... gave me goose bumps :shock:

the fish on the right looks like a hybred and the left looks salty...

ahhhh the memories 8)
Old 12-07-2004, 09:20 AM

yeah, Jigman...you can drive right up there and touch it if you wanna :shock:... we were fishing the turbines (shoulda tried the spillways, though)
you're right about the pic...the left is a little salt and a little hybrid on the right. the bigger fish are caught in the spring (there have been 40+lb.ers caught below guntersville,wheeler and wilson dams with 20 lb.ers being fairly common.) good news is, the salts are finding a way to breed in the tennessee rivah system :D :D

just checked out the photo gallery on your www. :shock: :shock: 8)
Old 12-07-2004, 04:42 PM
Jigologist

gotta lot of pics on there from fishing that hole.. was the best fishing in the world as far as I can tell.. could catch anything there from smallies, largemouth, stripes, atlantic salmon, pike, brown trout, rainbows... sometimes all on the same gear we were using for stripes..

one morning there, me and a bud "Dave" caught the gamette on the small chugbugs.. atlantic salmon on a chugbug is quite something :shock: ..seeing 20+inch browns come completely out of the water to pounce down on a popper... just one of those unreal mornings..

dam is gone now and that fishery is spread out in a whole new 17 mile stretch of river... better for the fishery in the long run but put the kybosh on that hole as numero uno... still good fishing but nothing like it was...

same here with the discharge turbines.. they would stack in that tailwater like crazy... other spots, I would anchor up tight to the dam (as you could see in some of the pics) and cast parallel with the dam-- use to pick them off all along the face and out about 50 feet... they would stack in key areas that had shoots of current, like some of the spillways, high bottom areas, structure just off the face, ... I think I lost about 20 anchors hanging up tight like that.. it was worth it though, that was the best angle to fish the face... anchor up tight, fish both sides of the boat, then , set over 200 ft., fish that, move, fish.... didn't take long to find the honey holes... some holes wouls be hot no matter what, other holes would happen as a result of water level changes and different currents... there is absolutely nothing like tailrace fishing in my book... gives me wood! :D learned a lot about "striper water" and dead water.. wished I had a dollar for ever fish I hooked and never turned in that hole... (wiping drool) 8)
Old 12-11-2004, 08:08 PM
Veteran

Nice pictures on your site too. Never caught a redfish :?: one of these days maybe when I go to Fla.
Old 12-11-2004, 08:48 PM
First Mate

We will get hooked up this spring and head down to my home area in SC and get a red fish on for ya......
You do have to come across the river though....