Lower Hudson Valley Evinrude Repair - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Hudson River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Hudson River The mighty Hudson River reports information and Discussion

Old 05-19-2014, 12:55 PM
Official Member

Default Lower Hudson Valley Evinrude Repair

Hi everyone. I have been bringing a 2002 Evinrude ETEC back to life after several years of non-use. Nick Roberti's is a great guy and seems to really know his stuff, but Kingston is just to far up (live in Monroe, keep the boat in Newburgh). I have had to pull it out twice already to have Nick work on it. I have a check engine lite on now (but the engine felt ok). We were just working the engine out and it came on after 40 min. Made it back another 20 min with the lite on and the engine didn't have any performance problem.

I am looking for someone closer in the area that has a code reader for Evinrude and can do repairs. I would prefer to be able to drive it there via the Hudson instead of pulling it in and out, but I can do either. I am checking with Alex's but in the past I think he said he does not have an ETEC code reader.

Hopefully after I clear out all of the issues this season and keep it maintained I'll have fewer issues.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2014, 02:10 PM
Official Member

Default Re: Lower Hudson Valley Evinrude Repair

Confirmed that Alex's does not have a code reader for Evinrude so it looks like I'm back up to Nick Roberti's unless someone has another suggestion.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:56 PM
Striper Hunter

nick is the best we live in montgomery and take it to him
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2014, 11:45 AM
First Mate

I know it's a little further north but Mike at Riverview Marine is definitely the one to see. I have NEVER heard anything negative about his place. He's at the foot of main street in Catskill.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:35 AM
Senior Member Elite

Mike at Riverview is the only guy I'd trust with a Johnson/Evinrude.....he's good and honest.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:35 PM
Striper Hunter

jrsuss - since you are from Monroe (I grew up there...lol), I just thought I would ask, have you had any experiences (good or bad) with the service departments of any of the Marinas in Greenwood Lake?

I live in Warwick, and (knock on wood) have miraculously not had to have any service done on my 1980 70 hp Evinrude since I got my 'vintage' (or 'piece of crap', depending on your point of view) tri-hull 4 years ago. Just fog it at the end of the season, lube the controls and disconnect the battery, and it starts right up the next spring...the thing is truly a workhorse.

But I am planning on upgrading to a 17-18 foot center console fishing boat this year, and just always assumed there was a decent marina at GWL where I could get service work done, which would be real convenient since its 10 minutes away. Just wondering if you've had any experiences with them? If you are more comfortable private messaging me as opposed to discussing a particular marina online, that's fine...thanks.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:46 PM
Official Member

This is my first boat that I have owned for many years so I don't have any experience yet. Over the past month it has become pretty clear that there are not many factory certified Evinrude mechanics around.

Nick is great and I will continue to use him as long as my boat is in the Hudson in Newburgh. I did stop over at Greenwood Lake Marina the other day to get some parts and talk to the mechanic. That is an option as they have all the equipment. http://greenwoodlakemarina.net/main/glm-page.asp?P=1

If you haven't purchased a boat yet you might want to make sure it has either a Mercury or a Yamaha as there are more repair options.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:00 PM
Senior Member Elite

Interesting....who do you recommend for Yamaha repair ?? I use Riverview for my Johnsons but he won't touch Yamaha's.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:24 PM
Official Member

I was told to go to Ace Marine 845-477-8888 in 722 Jersey Avenue, Greenwood Lake, NY 10925. Seemed like he knew what he was doing. Sorry, I can't remember his name.