New Surfcaster Here - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Rhode Island Fishing
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Rhode Island Fishing Rhode Island striped bass fishing - Local discussion & reports

Old 09-28-2017, 10:00 AM
Official Member

Default New Surfcaster Here

Hi all,

I've fished the south shore and SW ledge of BI for about 8 years or so from a boat, and spent quite a bit of time on the west wall of Pt. Judith breakwater, but I never really got into the true surfcasting scene. Been living elsewhere for the past two years or so and am moving back to southern CT/RI in the next few weeks. No longer have the boat and am looking forward to getting into the true surfcasting scene. I have gear to make due, but if things go well I'll be getting a proper surf rod and reel and updating my old neoprene set of waders. Wondering if anyone wants to grab a drink (or not) and have a chat about spots or technique or maybe even wet a line. I've always seen the guys on shore in waders (and some even in wetsuits) from my boat, just never shouldered up to them. I SW fly fish as well and am familiar with the hatches that occur in Ninigret and Quonnie (fished them about 7 yrs) and would be more than willing to trade info or whatever. Help a newbie surfcaster out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement