Fishing gear anonymous - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > The Striper Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Striper Forum All things Striper. Striped Bass Fishing Room Born on date March 11 2004.

Old 12-15-2006, 07:09 PM

Default Fishing gear anonymous

Hello, my name is Sudsy and I have a serious illness - I'm a tackle junkie and I've just come to the conclusion that I'm out of control.

I just emptied my truck for the season and went through the shed and the garage and gathered up all the rods, reels, waders, boots, drytops, fishing gloves, wader belts, pliers, plugs, jigs, bags of shads, Gulp, hooks, sinkers, swivels, fishfinders, boxes and boxes of rubber trailers, snatch n drop rigs, snag hook rigs hooks, assorted terminal tackle, flies, teasers, stripping baskets, polarized glasses, cigar boxes full of pretied fishfinder bait rigs, high low rigs, teaser rigs and leaders, plug bags (all 7 of em ), spools of braid from 10 to 80#, spools of floro from 20 to 50#, spools of mono leader, jetty gaffs, bridge gaffs ....................................

I realized I need to seek help when I found a really nice Abu reel I completely forgot I owned and a brand new never opened 1200 yard spool of 15# Fireline.

The madness has to end (as soon as I pick up just the right reel for my 9 1/2' Lami )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2006, 10:04 PM
LunkHead

Default Re: Fishing gear anonymous

Sudsy,
You came to the right place, you got a little problem, I think I can help.....you're a good guy, family man so I'm going to make this easy for you.
You have my number, you can call me anytime night or day, I'm there for you. You just give me a jingle, and say, for $100 I'll bring my truck, come by and get all that junk out of your way. Hell, for $125 I'll take all that junk and wash your truck for ya. That's what friends are for. Mind ya, I won't be needing the spools of braid with 10 yds left on them, or the spool from the 1940's Mitchell reel, or any of the sick twisted mojo's that I assume you possess, and carry around in your truck.
But hell, for a hunnert bux you could begin anew.
Think about it.
Call Me

"An Evil Barbarian with a Wrench in His Pocket......"

Old 12-15-2006, 10:07 PM
LunkHead

PS
I forgot to mention it in my last post, but the wind will be blowing NW Saturday, and there will be bass on the beach, yer gonna need to throw some of that crap back in the truck.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2006, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
Hello, my name is Sudsy and I have a serious illness - I'm a tackle junkie and I've just come to the conclusion that I'm out of control.

I realized I need to seek help when I found a really nice Abu reel I completely forgot I owned and a brand new never opened 1200 yard spool of 15# Fireline.

The madness has to end (as soon as I pick up just the right reel for my 9 1/2' Lami )

Sudsy, Hi, I'm LMJeff, a disciple of Christ, and I have a fishing problem.
Let's get this straight, you have a problem, but don't identify yourself with the problem, ID with the solution: (in my case Jesus Christ)
I gave EVERYTHING away just before Labor Day this year, fishing kayak, 9 rod/reel combos, sonar, waders, tackle, EVERYTHING. I really did, at the Lord's bidding. You can believe that or not.
What has come of it, is, balance, 2 rod/reel combos, 1 tackle bag (it's big enough to get me through a few weeks of non-stop fishing if I pack it right!:)), one bag of 4" shad tails, 2 packages of 1/4oz jig heads, and a little bag of white twister tails.
And, oh yeah, since I gave it all away, I've been striper fishing with two of the best striper guys in SW Ohio, if not the Mid-West, and have been invited to become Smack Tackle's Sales guy.
Since I gave it all away, at the Lord's bidding, I've caught more PB in a row in the last 1/2 year, met more striper fishers, and at the same time have spent some great times with my wife, kids and grandkids.
So, Sudsy, even in jest, you're on the right track. I'm not saying you have to give it all away, only the Lord can call you to that, nor do I suggest you sell it to Ed White for $100, unless you're led to, (I'd take the $125 and get the truck washed too, prolly stinks! w/all that stuff in there you didn't even know you had) :) !
Funny you bring this up, My wife and I are implementing Celebrate Recovery at our church, and admitting the problem is the first step! :)
And addiction knows no boundaries, so brother, if I can help, let me know, even if it's to take one of those combos off your hands, to keep you from falling deeper into your abyss!
God Bless, Merry Christmas!
LMJeff

BTW, if the attachment causes you to run to the tackle shop and spend money, you do need help.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:25 PM

Old 12-16-2006, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suds
I found a really nice reel I completely forgot I owned and a brand new never opened 1200 yard spool of 15# Fireline.
And I was gonna send you some more line for christmas.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:10 PM

Wink Re: Fishing gear anonymous

I am happily and comfortably in denial.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
Hey, I'm telling, don't look at me like that! ;)
LMJ
Old 12-17-2006, 12:33 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

quote nor do I suggest you sell it to Ed White for $100, yea, don;t sell it to ed white!

Old 12-17-2006, 01:16 AM

WTF??? is that.
You have to get away from that Post office paulie.
Attached Images

Old 12-17-2006, 01:29 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

wtf is that? herring everywhere! i;m not able tomorrow but they are huge and of course nothing on them while i was around,

Old 12-17-2006, 01:39 AM

Spose to be 65 degrees on Monday.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:43 AM

guess you`ll get better gas mileage now that you got all that crap out but the bad bunker smell will always be there!
Old 12-18-2006, 01:17 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

gotta work as i would love to go fishing. will be down with the herring rig after work if they come around. funny they were all over but no bass in sight. i;d venture the back of the harbor will get some presence felt tomorrow

Old 12-18-2006, 10:30 AM
LunkHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimno1 View Post
quote nor do I suggest you sell it to Ed White for $100, yea, don;t sell it to ed white!
Ya know, I'm just trying to help a feller out, take a load off his mind, and all I get is negativity, as if my motives weren't entirely pure

And who said anything about SELL??!!??
The hunnert bux was to pay ME for taking all that stuff off his hands